Mandolorain Armor Crate

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
So I decided to make some Aluminum Mandolorain Armor for a crate to show off at cons.. The requirements is that it is really thick and heavy so when picked up its very intimidating. I want the crate to be pneumatic where the lid opens and the shelves pop out displaying the armor and the weapons. Here is what I have so far on the armor. if anyone has any ideas for the crate please post here while I build armor and weapons. I still have a little cleanup to do on some pieces. The painted ones in the picture below are made out of ABS used as a reference only

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I need people to be on the look out for a case big enough to house a complete set of armor. the chest pieces in the lid the gauntlets on a shelf on the right the knees on the left with a pulse firearm and the jetpack in the bottom everything will be made out of aluminum so it will be heavy.

I would look into tech and military grade crates.
You will probably have to mod it for the opening mechanism and shelves.

Surplus will be cheaper than new plus it will also be pre weathered.

Added the magnetic mounts to the plates so they will be fully removable from the crate and they can be mounted to a vest.. In that last picture you can see the magnets mounted under the leather. these magnets are super strong and very thin.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0813.jpg

I started mounting the plates on the back board dont mind the blood the back board will be covered in black leather of crushed velvet or somthing. As you can see in the first pic the plates will be removable.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back