Mando tracker. Might have found it.

So the word from the prop master on set is that the tracker was cast from a found part, hollowed and duped up. The original part was purchased at a well known LA haunt for found objects by union prop folks. Gonna head up there with a buddy and nose about. Love that place anyway so it will be a fun outing.

Seems like Kylash was right about the Hot Toys figure. Grabbed a few screenshots from episode one. There is a few scenes where the tracker is in his belt and you can see the back but it is pretty tiny in the shot, maybe like 50 pixels across max. But it definitely looks like the figure's version.
trackerBack.jpg

The only reference ive found for the back is from the Hot Toys Mandalorian figure, however it ma actually be a concept front, hard to tell.

View attachment 1088399

I think I am seeing at least 3 slightly different versions but it could be my eyes. Lol
Yeah there seems to be different ones throughout the show. Like the one he crushes at the end of episode 4 has some extra metal bits on top of the things on the side which isn't present in the other ones.
mandoTrackerCrush.png

So the word from the prop master on set is that the tracker was cast from a found part, hollowed and duped up. The original part was purchased at a well known LA haunt for found objects by union prop folks. Gonna head up there with a buddy and nose about. Love that place anyway so it will be a fun outing.

I’m in Cam!

Okay, that was nuts. I'm mostly looking for cool parts for custom lightsabers and blasters. Luky's worked out well for me in the past, as they are sp organized. apex was like going to a scrap yard. At Luky's I could easily see what was available, but Apex... I kinda imagine going there is how the production design team for ANH felt when faced with mountains of military and aeronautics scrap. Definitely more of an adventure to go to, and I did fins some cool parts.

Going there made me want to build a spaceship cockpit, they have endless old instrument panels from a myriad of industries, plane parts, etc. They know they are a gold mine, all the best stuff is rentable as props.

Okay, that was nuts. I'm mostly looking for cool parts for custom lightsabers and blasters. Luky's worked out well for me in the past, as they are sp organized. apex was like going to a scrap yard. At Luky's I could easily see what was available, but Apex... I kinda imagine going there is how the production design team for ANH felt when faced with mountains of military and aeronautics scrap. Definitely more of an adventure to go to, and I did fins some cool parts.

Going there made me want to build a spaceship cockpit, they have endless old instrument panels from a myriad of industries, plane parts, etc. They know they are a gold mine, all the best stuff is rentable as props.
Apex is overwhelming for sure but belive it or not they know pretty much everything they have in there.

glad you enjoyed it, been a few years since I've been and I live so close.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back