MANDO STARFIGHTER

It's been a coupla weeks work, but the wings...are on!...to get them to sit as intended with the steels crossing and bolted to the main fuselage armature and all levelled was quite a grind, but with them now on I can start glassing the top skin

45xmxvzl.jpg
r9CHJc1l.jpg
NGhY9mul.jpg
JERgtLNl.jpg

Also started on the canopy
R5jJamtl.jpg

OK, so I've decided to try a different approach for the top side...cold casting layers of thin wood in a crossed weave pattern like a trad boat build...should be a whole lot less filling at the finishing end;

View attachment 1613515View attachment 1613516

View attachment 1613517

Also started on the first wing with the same approach;

View attachment 1613518
View attachment 1613519

And finished printing the engine cases to be epoxied for strength;

View attachment 1613520View attachment 1613521
As soon as you said "fairing battens" I thought, traditional wood boat...and here it is! beautiful!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys...been focusing on the cockpit this week; I wanted a steel rim around the windscreen to enable access by climbing in as he does in the show. so it needed to be strong enough to take repeated use.
There are no shots whatsoever of the seat used, so I opted for a black leather sports car seat...I've modelled and printed the dashboard dials and side panels and am working on installing the steering handles.
It's been fun identifying some of the elements they used, like co-axial corner adapters and mixing board sliders and a load of LED's and bar graphs but It's fiddly and cramped work

UmnpdeLl.jpg
vtqPGo6l.jpg

This is such incredible work! I would love to have the time, money and SKILL to build a life-size starfighter. I am so jealous! (For me it would be a snowspeeder)

More progress on the cockpit...got all the electronics done and panels fitted, just need to add a dimmer to turn down the strength of some of the lights so they don't wipe out the colours on the dials too much, and add a few more knobs but I'm very pleased with how it looks and feels when you're sitting in the driving seat

ITHdJSWl.jpg
hvthOSZl.jpg
7sxBwEGl.jpg

atimfUsl.jpg

Also moving on with the engine nacelles
XA99sVhl.jpg
USTpmtrl.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back