MANDO STARFIGHTER

OK I got all the steel cut and welded...I had to totally remove the moulds in the end but they should go back on ok

This is the CAD of the Armature

screen.png

screen1.png
screen2.png

and this is the steel all fitted

x3GWmqJl.jpg

CARQIEpl.jpg

Next step is to flip her over 180, attach the moulds and finish the underneath of the ship first, so she can be flipped back again to do the top

Wow I thought I was building a big one Man your workmanship is bar none You are doing one heck of a job Looks very cool! thanks for sharing this wonderful project

OK, so a LOT of filling and sanding later, I finally have the bottom hull finished

HZSBNinl.jpg

Done all the panel lines and mid-engine and applied a coupla coats of 2k Epoxy primer
YPMLctll.jpg

CshZWrPl.jpg
WHloZQRl.jpg

EJ4jeOhl.jpg

A few more touch ups to do before the silver goes on and then it can be flipped

Geek1138,

Nice skeleton. Love to see a welders work on the armature. Then, a master creating bulkheads into molds and shaping a beautiful fuselage. Looks like “Ferrari body work by Pininfarina.” You sure create under that party tent. Huge range of research, technical and craftsmen skills demonstrated.

Cheers guys...the panel lines are cut with a ball end router bit, run along fairing battens.

OK, so she is flipped...got the painting and weathering done on the underside and now it's starting all over again on the top.

First pic is my son helping me to set up a scaffold frame to attach the chain blocks to, the finished paint job and then the top side, to start on;

9dgg7odl.jpg
XONPmz3l.jpg
kS15L7Rl.jpg
uPtm4r8l.jpg
dgvVhXel.jpg
SBBngC6l.jpg

OK, so I've decided to try a different approach for the top side...cold casting layers of thin wood in a crossed weave pattern like a trad boat build...should be a whole lot less filling at the finishing end;

MBxUNkwl.jpg
5AtIzyvl.jpg

rii1KIQl.jpg

Also started on the first wing with the same approach;

eVGwCYdl.jpg

3b0BA4al.jpg

And finished printing the engine cases to be epoxied for strength;

GP8wyUJl.jpg
IHihY5Kl.jpg

OK, so I've decided to try a different approach for the top side...cold casting layers of thin wood in a crossed weave pattern like a trad boat build...should be a whole lot less filling at the finishing end;

View attachment 1613515View attachment 1613516

View attachment 1613517

Also started on the first wing with the same approach;

View attachment 1613518
View attachment 1613519

And finished printing the engine cases to be epoxied for strength;

View attachment 1613520View attachment 1613521
Okay this had to be an insane amount of hours printing! Lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back