Mando crest panel lines - help!

dreadpyrat

Hey all, working on my fiberglass Mando bucket and managed to sand away much of the original panel lines on the crest. I'm trying to rescribe them (after filling what's left of the lines with Bondo Spot Putty) using a strip of stock brass as a guide, and a Tamiya panel Scriber, but the blade keeps seeking out the original grooves and the results are messy and terrible looking. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I hate that they are wavy and there are spots with multiple lines...

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!
IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

I had the same exact issue with my 3D print, and I decided to get a resin cast from a different seller. I'll definitely follow this thread as well if a solution is posted.

Try filling a section of the scribed line with CA glue and then sprinkle a generous amount of the same fiberglass resin dust you sanded...that is if you have any left. Try other resin dust if you don't have the original dust. Bondo is relatively soft compared to the fiberglass resin so that's why your scribe line keeps finding the old line.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back