Mander AVP Under Mask Animatronic Rig

Celtic Hunter

This is the most advanced full sized Predator animatronic rig ever conceived. Fits perfectly under a Mander AVP mask. This rig contains four independent Futaba ball bearing servos (for smoother movement) powered by a compact wireless remote controller. The helmet is extremely lightweight, composed of fiberglass, padded for comfort and is powered by 4 AA batteries

CIMG1829.jpg
[/img]

um i think ive seen the video for the mask....im not saying anything bad about it, cuz i would love to have one either way, but doesnt it only open sideways? instead of up and out? it seems like it has resrticted movement. is this so? i could be wrong. but i favorited many of his videos on youtube.

oh, did he make an animatronic alien mask? i would LOVE one of those!

um i think ive seen the video for the mask....im not saying anything bad about it, cuz i would love to have one either way, but doesnt it only open sideways? instead of up and out? it seems like it has resrticted movement. is this so? i could be wrong. but i favorited many of his videos on youtube.

oh, did he make an animatronic alien mask? i would LOVE one of those!

Actually, on this rig, the upper fang pulls open up and out, like they should, 95% of the masks available are composed primarily of latex, so more intricate movement is limited, ideally, a mask cast in silicone or foam would be the best way to go for animatronic purposes. Unfortunalty, silicone is very expensive and foam falls apart too quickly after repeated use. Celtic has a version of the above rig that was made by Pete Mander, that rig has the lower outer mandiblar fangs extend outward as the mandibles are opening wide. Like they should. The above rig was specifically designed to go under a Mander AVP mask. Pete cast the lower outer mandibles in solid resin, so there is no joint that can be hinged! So when I added the lower swing arms, adding outer extender hinges was not possible. Hope this info helps. Oh and Pete designed and build the Alien animatronic rig I posted on youtube. He is beyond the shadow of any doubt in my opinion, a mechanical genius. His designs are innovative and insanly inspiring. I would love to get my hands on one of his working "Scanner" bios!

Kindest Regards,

Alan

Man I would really love to get one of these but with the new baby on the way I wouldnt dare ask the wife it might get me hit hahaha!!!

chris

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back