Mandalorian Reference Thread

Everything. The double visor, the purple color, the attachment. It’s all weird and incorrect. I have no idea why they did it that way.
The double visor is so dumb on the Anovos. I replaced it with a welding lens. The welding lens the exact same thickness as the original visor, yet it's much darker and less brittle. If they had just use a darker visor, there'd be no need for the secondary one.

Luke is wearing a tunic which looks like a tribute to Anakin/Vader.

View attachment 1397716
It looks like they changed the under tunic from ROTJ with a prequel style cross over with an obi and leather belt combo. The rest looks like the original costume just smoother fabric maybe
fbc73815dd7f6249117b3f8946cbd40e.jpg

Wanted to share my latest build: the "taxi driver binoculars" from the first episode. Made of an old kodak film camera with added greeblies from thingiverse. I also added some LED lighting (one is blinking) and did some weathering. The eyepieces are not 100% accurate; maybe i will change them in the future...

Attachments

• IMG_5405.jpg
    IMG_5405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_5406.jpg
    IMG_5406.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5408.jpg
    IMG_5408.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
I already own the Sideshow version of the Life-Size The Child, but I also ordered the Hot Toys version. I had considered cancelling it a few times, but now that I see these pics, I am so happy I did not.

Hot Toys The Child

More on the Hot Toys The Child...

Still not loving the seams around the ears, but everything else is absolutely incredible. I just wished some of these companies would start making the display stands with a hidden storage area to keep all the extra parts.

Not sure what to think about this pram. I wished there was more info on it and maybe a video.

Mattel made some upgrades to Grogu, like hair, deco, feet, etc, but it's the Pram I'm interested in. I wonder if it would work for the Hot Toys life-sized The Child. Just not sure I'm interested at $400. I could easily make my own version for far less than $400. They do offer motorized doors though, which sound very cool and that's where a video would be very helpful.

This is only up for pre-order until March 12th and payment is collected at order time. It will not be released for another year.

1615048796356.png

Last edited:
Oh, sheesh. They need to do better work on the perspective in the ads they post. I thought that whole thing was like, a funko pop sized prop, not something a foot wide that holds some other existing toy. lol

I've still got no personal need or desire for it, but that's a big difference in appearance. lol

The dimensions according to the Mattel description:

16 inches from bottom of pram to top of pram​
18 inches from side to side​
21 inches front to back​

Just received Mandalorian with Child from Hot Toys. This is the actual figures and the background is my computer monitor.

DarDjinGroguCCEgoLR.jpg

DSC_3731EgoLR.jpg

Just received Mandalorian with Child from Hot Toys. This is the actual figures and the background is my computer monitor.

It's a great figure! How do you like that camtono? That thing was done extremely well and the light-up feature really puts it to a new level. I just wished the flashlight that attaches to his helmet did the same thing, but I realize that would be quite a bit harder to do.

Unfortunately, my figure set was the cheap version....ya cheap, it cost me almost $400 CDN. There are no electrical parts. I want the Cara Dune (Gina Carano) figure as well to complete the set but that will run me nearly $1000.

Unfortunately, my figure set was the cheap version....ya cheap, it cost me almost $400 CDN. There are no electrical parts. I want the Cara Dune (Gina Carano) figure as well to complete the set but that will run me nearly $1000.

Wow! That is NOT cheap.

Is there a Hot Toys 1:6 scale Cara Dune? I haven't seen it. Or are you referring to the Sideshow Premium Format?

Im confused about Hot Toys and Sideshow. I bought from and paid Sideshow, but the box said Hot Toys. I had to wait 3 months for it and paid up front. There is a 1:6 scale of Cara Dune as well, but she doesnt deliver until November. Since she has been fired though I wonder if the price will go up as it being a rarity of only the 2 seasons. But her figure looks really good and it would be nice to have a set. The deluxe Mandalorian comes with lots of extras some that light up. There are a couple versions of Grogu. But I got what I wanted and I can add any lighting with Photoshop.

Hot Toys is a manufacturer of high end figures. Sideshow is their North American distributor. I don’t believe Hot Toys has announced a Cara Dune figure, but there is a Sideshow Premium Format listed on their website that is expected to ship in November. This is not a Hot Toys Figure. Also, the premium format figures are 1/4 scale.

Hot Toys is a manufacturer of high end figures. Sideshow is their North American distributor. I don’t believe Hot Toys has announced a Cara Dune figure, but there is a Sideshow Premium Format listed on their website that is expected to ship in November. This is not a Hot Toys Figure. Also, the premium format figures are 1/4 scale.

Thanks! I thought I was losing it as I didn't remember hearing about a Hot Toys or Sideshow Cara Dune other than the Premium Format version.

Vee- The two figures would be completely out of scale with each other. Oh and KILLER picture!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back