Mandalorian Reference Thread

Yes, the entire costume reminded me much of Anakin in RotS, particularly the oversized hood...
KHl6qy2.gif

Repetition is one of the main themes of Star Wars. Like father, like son. Luke's appearance is very similar to Anakin. Also Luke's battle with dark droids in Mandalorian parallels Darth Vader's hallway scene in Rogue One.

They are setting up for Luke's eventual downfall, similar to Anakin's downfall in PT.

Last edited:
Found a image of a Jedi tunic that looks awfully similar to the one he's wearing, sorry for the badly photoshopped belt!

It looks very close.

7507057373071.jpg

I really do wish they had given him some earth tones, the all black ROTJ look is symbolic of his arc in that film but I want to see some evolution in his costume. Maybe if he shows up in the future...

That said I’m glad at least that he isn’t wearing EXACTLY his ROTJ look like a cartoon character.

Finally beginning my Mando build. Anyone have a good source on the correct colored visor?
most people/pretty much every "build up a helmet" instruction I've found, points to using this thing.

I think the only exception you're going to find, is when a builder sells unfinished helmets, and make his own visor inserts that come with it. If you're really worried, you can go scope out The Dented Helmet; it's the RFP sister site that's all about mando costumes. There's a link to it under the star wars costumes section.

most people/pretty much every "build up a helmet" instruction I've found, points to using this thing.

I think the only exception you're going to find, is when a builder sells unfinished helmets, and make his own visor inserts that come with it. If you're really worried, you can go scope out The Dented Helmet; it's the RFP sister site that's all about mando costumes. There's a link to it under the star wars costumes section.
I'm aware of dented helmet. That visor doesn't appear to be tinted the way Mando's is. His visor has a blue-ish purple color to it.

Finally beginning my Mando build. Anyone have a good source on the correct colored visor?

Here is a cheaper link than amazon. These are “black” but they do have a slight blue tint which is correct. I’ve seen through the hero visor, there is no purple.

Attachments

• D81116F5-1B64-480D-8777-1493A6208DB7.jpeg
    D81116F5-1B64-480D-8777-1493A6208DB7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • C413D218-2DCC-4557-AA77-E48100E5140F.jpeg
    C413D218-2DCC-4557-AA77-E48100E5140F.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 165
Thanks guys. Yeah, I couldn’t tell if that was color grading or my eyes misinterpreting, but I knew there was a hint of color in there.

I used your paint guide Mr Mold Maker. It’s super helpful. I used a different color for the triangles, because my local store didn’t have the Bermuda. I’ll repaint them at some point.

Attachments

• AE510373-2557-459E-B505-C43F198C78FB.jpeg
    AE510373-2557-459E-B505-C43F198C78FB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Those still look REALLY good, also Mr.MoldMaker when you say you’ve seen through the hero props visor are you referencing the Anovos helmet or the actual screen used helmet?

Glad it was of some help benhs.

Those still look REALLY good, also Mr.MoldMaker when you say you’ve seen through the hero props visor are you referencing the Anovos helmet or the actual screen used helmet?
Hero helmet, meaning one of the main ones used for the show. Screen used.

Anovos is a replica. Their visor set up is weird and incorrect.

I own the Anovos helmet and the visor was definitely a strange set up. Not sure why that was done.

As a Mandalorian Merc, I can tell you that a lot of members tend to use the tinted replacement shield that was posted up. I have also used visors for motorcycle helmets, but that's only because I have had spares lying around.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back