Mandalorian Reference Thread

Wanted to share a few super quick shots of my blaster. This was printed on my elegoo Mars from a CGTrader file made by Woodtech Armory.

Hopefully I’ll get some photos that show the color better soon. The metallic basecoat loves to play with the light and throw the top coat from purple to red to black!

This was just a quick paint test, waiting for my good buddy JBReplicas to finish his V2 blaster. I believe it will be the definitive fan sculpture and can’t wait to throw down on it!

Would love to see how you broke up the body to get it to fit on the elegoo, I havent been able to get a model that fits.

Would love to see how you broke up the body to get it to fit on the elegoo, I havent been able to get a model that fits.

The upper section of my body is in pieces, barrel, suppressor, slide, and slide cover. Had to model a new aim block but that is also separate. Luckily all of those fit so no cuts there.

I had to cut the body into three pieces. One cut in the middle of the handle, and one cut under the indent. I also had to cut the rail, I did that under the flat piece.

The reason I picked those places was to make seaming as easy as possible. The body plate and the rail cover the “front” of the body, so the only seams that need to be perfect are the “back” seam which is a simple flat plane, and the front and back of the handle. Just simple plane cuts in meshmixer, exported, and printed. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 52556172-F545-4F20-A5C2-0CF8E0A9859C.jpeg
    52556172-F545-4F20-A5C2-0CF8E0A9859C.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 384
What's the paint? Graphite?

The whole thing was painted with Alumaluster and then it had different treatments applied over top.

If I was to change one thing, I think I would either use Alclad’s polished aluminum instead of Alumaluster or do a slightly less glossy base coat on the suppressor only. I brought it up to a super bright silver shine in person but the supressor reads very dark in most photos. I would still use Alumaluster for the rest of the blaster.

Attachments

• 6C4C3D58-F60A-4D78-A1AF-D70CFC3B8A70.jpeg
    6C4C3D58-F60A-4D78-A1AF-D70CFC3B8A70.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Wanted to share a few super quick shots of my blaster. This was printed on my elegoo Mars from a CGTrader file made by Woodtech Armory.

Hopefully I’ll get some photos that show the color better soon. The metallic basecoat loves to play with the light and throw the top coat from purple to red to black!

This was just a quick paint test, waiting for my good buddy JBReplicas to finish his V2 blaster. I believe it will be the definitive fan sculpture and can’t wait to throw down on it!

That looks stunning. I'be been thinking about getting the Mars. This might be the inspiration I needed...

fennec shand sniper rifle. Folks nailed down the scope but I am trying to figure out the body and the barrel. Its got an odd trigger guard too. Any help dissecting this would be great.
fenic gun detail.png
fenix gun body 6.png
fenix gun body.png
fenix gun body 7.pngfenix gun body 4.pngfenix gun body 3.pngfenix gun body 2.png

It's definitely an Ak-based rifle. The barrel up front has the same gas tube from the piston system an AK uses. Looked like the barrel has been chopped down quite a bit. Maybe look into the sporterized Saigas for the stock/furniture?
I'm probably wrong but that reciever bit under the scope looks like some type of AK

It’s an svd style ak as a base given the stock and the gas return tube above the barrel but it looks pretty heavily modified and from the limited reference it’s hard to make out more. Except the mag is gone and it looks like they added a full hand guard.

That looks awesome!!! I want to get started on one soon and hope it comes out looking as nice as yours.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I noticed while watching Episode 4 again today that Omera is wielding a rifle that appears to be the same as Bossk's.

1578790993434.png

Also, Here is an article I ran across about the weapons.
Even if you click on it...it won't show you the full readable image.
If anyone wants a copy I'll be glad to email it to them. --Ed

Mandalorian_Weapons (1).jpg

If you open that open and then click on the arrow icon to open it in a new window you'll get it full size.

I ordered Greef Karga's belt and it arrived over the weekend. The one he wears across his chest, with the folding knife in the buckle.

It's from Mgear.io

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-214705_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-214705_Google.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 266

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back