Mandalorian Reference Thread

o_O These armor parts look stunning! I know it's a relatively simple paint job, but man do these things look beautiful. That weathering is ace, especially on the gauntlets where there's that darker brown. Your photography captures the depth so well

Thank you as always my friend, I appreciate it very much. I’m glad you dig the photos. It is very difficult to photograph them as they are, they change so much depending on the lighting and background.

Here are a few shots of the Beskar Armor pieces I’m working on. These are from Darren Pattenden’s files and cast by Branfuhr Studios. The client also has a helmet from Branfuhr that will be going with this set.

I have one other set in for finishing and thats it on these. The actual painting process isn’t super difficult, but the space it takes up is insane. It completely locks out my workshop for any other projects until they’re fully finished. Can’t sand, can’t paint other pieces, etc.

Those are incredibly gorgeous. They truly look like metal. If I get mine to look half this good I will be thrilled. I just don't plan to spend $420 for the paint.

So what's your turn-around time on something like this?

That’s for a qrt, he stated that he used 100ml, that’s 3.38 ounces, 8 ounces is only 170,250 for 16 ounces.... I’m game....

Yeah, but he's worked with it and knows what he's doing. There's always a learning curve when dealing with new products. I get what you're saying, but it's still an expensive commitment.

I received my Grav Charges from Regal Robot today. They're really nice and have a super strong magnet and are the perfect size for my Mandalorian armor. These are sold as refrigerator magnets.

Photo Jun 12, 2 02 30 PM.jpg

Are they 3D printed or aluminum, have my set coming from Nova Props... 3 mines that light up and are magnetic, holder in metal case/leather all for 99.00 shipped.... will post pic later

Last edited:
Are they 3D printed or aluminum, have my set coming from Nova Props... 3 mines that light up and are magnetic, holder in metal case/leather all for 99.00 shipped.... will post pic later

They feel like some sort of resin. I don't think Regal Robot 3D prints they're items.

Lighting up would've been a cool feature, but since I plan to use these for cosplay and have them attached to my belt, I really don't need them to light up.

I just found the child at the store

non plush version

how close to scale is he?

I have had mine for a couple months now and I keep taking goofy pictures of him. Then my wife got one a few weeks ago because she was feeling left out.

Sideshow and Hot Toys have they're life-size version at about 14", so this one is only slightly off. I've been watching clips on Gallery and sometimes he looks smaller than 14". It's really hard to tell though.

Here's are a few of my goofy pictures...

1592096329949.png
1592096391400.png
1592096426102.png
1592096465863.png
1592096527273.png
1592096552729.png
1592096587580.png
1592096607302.png

Just gotten a 3D printed blaster which I'm looking forward to tackling. But straight out of the box the grips seem a little small.
I'd be really greatfully if someone were able to post the blaster dimensions, or a least a photo of theirs next to a ruler.

I need to know if I've bought a lemon.

I have a really big update on the Mando Blaster build! Full details are here - but I reworked some of the CAD model and now:
  1. The entire assembly can fit together mechanically
  2. I've started integrating mechanical/electrical parts to give the trigger & toggles actual function
  3. I'm SO EXCITED WITH HOW WELL THIS IS GOING
  4. I did some early design on what the internal power-cell could look like, and I put together a quick animation of it!
Full updates in the thread over here

But here's the teaser :D

wip52 mechanical fit.jpg
wip55 mechanical fit.jpg

RockLove Jewelry has released a licensed Mythosaur pendant made of sterling silver today.

RockLove Jewelry has released a licensed Mythosaur pendant made of sterling silver today.

That's pretty cool. And the creator in the video is hot!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back