Man of Steel Bust

It looks awesome!!! You really have his likeness. My only constructive criticism is that the S on his chest seems out of proportion. From the top to the point it seems too long, relative to the rest of the logo.

The likeness is really, really excellent.

I'd second the note about the Glyph or emblem length. If your trying to be accurate and not
an artistic interpretation.

A couple of other things

Your neck is a little short and a little thick, Henry's chin like most people with that build stops at the top of the trap muscle.
So because your neck seems shorter, the trap muscle and necking isn't as long which gives both Henry and Christopher that Iconic
"God" look.

So thinning down the traps will give you the longer neck and the same aspect that he has here,
paying close attention that his neck width and jaw width are very very close in width, which also
adds to a perspective that his neck is longer. Reminds me a lot of Michael Turners style of super muscle form.

3129003-7636900754-henry.jpg

The last thing is your right side cheek bone is a little strong, so maybe push that back a little.

And one small note, his left ear is larger and more pronounced than his right, so if you want to include that
little facial variance that could be cool since most people might miss that.

On advice, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe don't sculpt the cape so you can make the bust be mixed media??
But that will also cover you signature. But a resin bust with a nice 1/4 cape could really really play off well IMHO.
That always gives your finish more highs and lows bringing it closer to life. Then if you do silicone and glass eyes with
punch SUPER HAIR curl, lol next step~

Love the photos!!

Heres a quick ten second photoshop of what I mean

IMG_4556_zps0aa46205.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, how did I miss this? I certainly hope you finished this, as its extremely promising. Best Cavil Superman bust I've ever seen.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back