Mal's screwdriver from serenity.

jason1976

Sr Member
I thought it would be fun to do the screwdriver Mal uses against the Operative in their final fight seen, in Serenity.

After a lot of looking around, and some help from the folks over at "the Verse" forums, I've learned what the handle was made of, and have since picked up the part.

Now I'm eggier to move forward, but I am in serious need of some pics of this prop. I've tried screen caps, but every shot of it is either too dark (and lightening it doesn't help), it's just a blur, or Mal's hand is hiding the handle. So if anyone has pics of this props, especially ones that clearly show the handle, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jason

Originally posted by SWFreak+Apr 18 2006, 08:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Apr 18 2006, 08:15 PM)</div>
I heard from a few sources that it was a torx bit, but I'm not sure what size.
[snapback]1228610[/snapback]​
[/b]

It's a flat head. I did get 1 pic, of the stunt version from Mosttoyz, and the head of the screwdriver part is definitely a flat head. (on the stunt one anyways.) And, before anyone asks, I'm sorry, but he's asked me not to pass the pic on, and he's not responding to my request for more pics.

<!--QuoteBegin-Osmotic
@Apr 18 2006, 08:22 PM
Posted by Mosttoyz on the Verse

http://www.pryce.100megs12.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=89

Guys,

the base product that was used for Mal's screwdriver is a found item. It's a circuit tester:

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/sgt21000.html

Bargain at $4.50.

[snapback]1228618[/snapback]​

Yes, I know, that's my thread he posted it in. :lol I have the part for the handle, but I need more pics of the actual prop, to see how I need to modify, paint, etc. the handle.

See, the clear part or the circuit tester that's used for the handle, is painted on the stunt version. It's kind of a silvery gray, with black details painted on. However, I heir that the hero version was left clear. So, I need the pics, to see witch way to go, and if I do the stunt version, I want to get the paint job correct.

Thanks
Jason

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Osmotic @ Apr 19 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]1228919[/snapback]</div>
Yes, I know, that's my thread he posted it in. [/b]

Yeah I know, that was for our ' non Verse ' colleagues

Jason you have a PM :)
[/b]

That's cool. :) I got my circuit tester from ebay, and I've also seen one, or two, at amazon.com and shop.com but with the way there shipping prices very, the price to you ends up being about the same at all of them.

It's a fun little prop. It just takes a minute or two remove the cord and stuff. You just unscrew the clear part of the handle, and let it slide down the cord. Then you unscrew the little light. The pointy tip is just pressure fitted, so if you tap it on a hard surface, it will start sliding back through the black plastic part of the handle. (right through where the light was) after you get it back far enough, you can just use pliers to pull it out the rest of the way. Then I just cut the cord off, and cut the clip off the other end of the cord, to get the clear part of the handle off. That's about it for now. Of course I still have to cut down the black part a bit, attach the screwdriver shaft and head, and decide what to do with the clear part of the hand, but I'm waiting for the pics before it do that.

Thank you so much. I check over there almost every day, but they always add the things I most want pics of on the days I forget to look. :lol This prop is going to be so easy, and fun to do. That "Mid" one looks better then the Hero to me. :) I guess I'll have to do the hero, and "Mid" versions both.

Jason

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jason1976 @ Apr 29 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1235482[/snapback]</div>
Thank you so much. I check over there almost every day, but they always add the things I most want pics of on the days I forget to look. :lol This prop is going to be so easy, and fun to do. That "Mid" one looks better then the Hero to me. :) I guess I'll have to do the hero, and "Mid" versions both.

Jason
[/b]

The stunt is pretty crappy though :lol

Yeah, it really is. :lol The description said that the detail on the stunt, and "Mid" versions were drawn on. I was all worried I was going to have to mask all that off, and paint on the details. Drawing will be much easier, especially if you do the stunt, since you don't have to stay in the "lines". :lol

Jason

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back