Mal's Firefly pistol

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TurnipyOdour

This makes me a mite sad... no original Firefly gun exists now. 该死
Another member of the forum and I both own complete sets of parts that were made as backups during production of the show. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a couple of 'original' Firefly guns could be resurrected one day. ;)

The Firefly guns were perfect, there was absolutely no need to change the design. Granted they were prone to falling apart on the show and were unreliable, so I can understand why they modified the internals but not the mods on the outside.

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Another member of the forum and I both own complete sets of parts that were made as backups during production of the show. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a couple of 'original' Firefly guns could be resurrected one day. ;)

The Firefly guns were perfect, there was absolutely no need to change the design. Granted they were prone to falling apart on the show and were unreliable, so I can understand why they modified the internals but not the mods on the outside.

Would it also not be out of the realm of possibility that a small run of them be offered? Asking for a browncoat friend ;)

Chrisisall

Sr Member
I said I was callin' it done. I guess I gorram lied. The painter in me just needs a lighter touch... More in a bit... ;)

Last edited:

Chrisisall

Sr Member
In progress (again):
img_20210531_202505-jpg.jpg

Chrisisall

Sr Member
Okay, I am officially a fan of Rub N Buff. Not too sure I'd use it on real metal or glass or any super non-porous stuff... you can remove it if you try hard enough (I messed up & used saliva to wipe it off before it dried), but man, this junk really looks like metal. And this is a display piece only so I won't have to worry on wearing it off.

IMG_20210601_172301.jpg

Last edited:

TristanArtSD

No offense to Vera, but this here is my very favorite gun! Beautiful work, that brass effect is just *chefs kiss*! I'm feeling inspired to try making my own Mal pistol out of wood (since that's what I have around). Well done, sir!

Chrisisall

Sr Member
No offense to Vera, but this here is my very favorite gun! Beautiful work, that brass effect is just *chefs kiss*! I'm feeling inspired to try making my own Mal pistol out of wood (since that's what I have around). Well done, sir!
Thanks, but I had just a tiny bit more to do...
Okay, now I really AM finished. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet. ;)
img_20210603_122156_1-jpg.jpg

img_20210603_122214-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.