Maleficent (Post-release)

My wife is a HUGE Maleficent fan. Of course she can't stand Jolie. So, we will probably only see it when it comes on Netflix.

My wife is a HUGE Maleficent fan. Of course she can't stand Jolie. So, we will probably only see it when it comes on Netflix.
I'm not a Maleficent fan, I didn't even really know her name until production on this started. I too, cannot stand Jolie... but, I have a feeling I'll be seeing this in the theater, looks too good to me not too.

I'm not a Maleficent fan, I didn't even really know her name until production on this started. I too, cannot stand Jolie... but, I have a feeling I'll be seeing this in the theater, looks too good to me not too.

I understand completely. We'll wait and see what people say about it when it comes out. If it turns out great, I am sure we'll bite the bullet and see it in the theater.

I've never been too big a fan of Disney animated movies but I've loved most of the Disney live-action movies from the 80s on.

Sleeping Beauty had been the exception, and Maleficent has been one of my top 5 characters of all time. She's like the girl version of Grand Moff Tarkin.

I'm excited for this. I'm not a fan of Joule as a person but I take her movie roles on a case-by-case basis for enjoyment. I do think she's a good actress.

I really like the casting of Jolie in this role. I am not a huge Angelina fan but she looks good in this role. We will be seeing this in theaters without even listening to critics. I can't let the critics tell me what I like.

I see Rick Baker listed as makeup on IMDB. That's enough reason for me. :D

It will be interesting to see how Jolie pulls off the voice of the character; whether she will stay true to Eleanor Audley's voice and cadence or not.

I'm digging the tone of this trailer more than the others. Hope they keep it somewhat dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to talk my wife into doing this for San Diego Comic Con this year. Does anyone have (or would anyone be willing to make) a pepakura file of the head piece? Preferably for foam, I think.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I was kind of disappointed.

It was good, but I didn't like the view of not making her the villain and turning the king into the villain. My wife and kids loved it. I am the minority in my house.

I don't think any villain really thinks they are the villain. After watching the movie, i have sent the day starting the frame for wings. Cant decided if i want them to be extended or folded.

Maleficent has been a lifelong passion of mine, as well as to millions of other Disney fans. as far as we're concerned, she's the best Disney villain there is. so i was very disappointed upon learning how humanized Maleficent would be in the live-action movie.
now that i've seen it, i still wish that they had been more true to her original design, but the movie has completely won me over. admittedly, it's full of lots of little things that i'm not crazy about, but that hardly diminishes my excitement for the movie. i watched the advanced screening and went back the next opening day, and am counting down the days until i can own the dvd. Angelina Jolie is the perfect Maleficent.

here is a review that i thought was very fair. beware the spoilers.

This movie is reasonable. Angelina Jolie is fantastic actually, I have never liked any movie she has been in up until this. Sharlto Copley is pretty good as King Stefan as well.

What spoils it for me is the three fairies, they are completely useless and brainless characters that are just as annoying as Jar Jar Binks and to make it worse there is three of them. Thankfully the script shows Maleficent outsmarting them at every turn which somewhat alleviates this part of the movie for me.

I thought the backstory of Maleficent was pretty good actually, the strength of the film.

What spoils it for me is the three fairies, they are completely useless and brainless characters that are just as annoying as Jar Jar Binks

Yes I agree with this part completely, I also felt the prince was not really needed and that it felt a little forced having him there, although I understand why.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back