Maleficent (Post-release)

What's with the focus on fairy tale bad guys (gals) all of a sudden?

Two Snow whites where the focus was on the evil queen, now this?

I like them turning the tables in the fairy tales, personally. I read Wicked and absolutely loved it, so I'm hoping this will be just as good.

Angelina looks amazing!

angelina-jolie-maleficent-set-england.jpg

Angelina Jolie gets into character on the set of her latest movie, Maleficent, on Wednesday (June 20) in England.
The 37-year-old actress wore the title character’s famous horns and bloody red lipstick – just like the film’s official first look.

Well, the thread's a year and a half old. I remember hearing about it, but I'd pretty much forgotten all about it until today when it seemed like all the internet was abuzz about the trailer. Teaser, really, doesn't show much.

Looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if we needed a story about the Witch in Sleeping Beauty, but this looks fantastic and the nieces loved the trailer - so I'm all for it.

Looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure if we needed a story about the Witch in Sleeping Beauty, but this looks fantastic and the nieces loved the trailer - so I'm all for it.

'Cept in the original story of Sleeping Beauty Maleficent is a fairy godmother that has become evil. She is just a giant size version of Flora, Fauna, and Merriwether!

'Cept in the original story of Sleeping Beauty Maleficent is a fairy godmother that has become evil. She is just a giant size version of Flora, Fauna, and Merriwether!
Depends on which "original story" you're referring to - the oldest versions of Sleeping Beauty had no fairy godmother at all. But, like Disney does, they homogenized it - I mean, how dare they remove the rape scene!! :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back