Making teeth

vonroll

I'm so excited about how well my teeth came out I just had to share.

I used Sculpy Primo mold and bake clay in pearl color and added a splash of translucent brown Createx paint along with some Sculpy gloss sealer. I think they look awesome. I will probably paint some additional color around the base and fill in with some latex too. But, they look damn good for as cheap and fun as they were to make. This undermask was one that Meangene gave me a deal on because of some flaws in the pull, but it's coming along nicely. What freekin fun this is. ;)

teeth3sm.jpg

I'm so excited about how well my teeth came out I just had to share.

I used Sculpy Primo mold and bake clay in pearl color and added a splash of translucent brown Createx paint along with some Sculpy gloss sealer. I think they look awesome. I will probably paint some additional color around the base and fill in with some latex too. But, they look damn good for as cheap and fun as they were to make. This undermask was one that Meangene gave me a deal on because of some flaws in the pull, but it's coming along nicely. What freekin fun this is. :)

Not bad, some advice, the other teeth should be thicker than the inner teeth. Otherwise great work.

Not bad, some advice, the other teeth should be thicker than the inner teeth. Otherwise great work.

Ok cool, thanks. Yeah... I'm just playing a bit. The inner teeth did get a bit big and now I'm out of clay. My daughter claims he needs braces. I'm not seeing it. :)

My daughter claims he needs braces. I'm not seeing it. :)

HAHAHA That is too funny lol.

Did you actually bake the clay when you made them? I used the clay for Quills and only partial bake them with a heating gun so they stay flexible just wondering how well the teeth actually bake and if you had to sand them or anything after.

HAHAHA That is too funny lol.

Did you actually bake the clay when you made them? I used the clay for Quills and only partial bake them with a heating gun so they stay flexible just wondering how well the teeth actually bake and if you had to sand them or anything after.

Yes. I baked them about 25 min. The package says 30min at 275 per 1/4" of thickness, so I sorta guessed. Like your quills they remain somewhat flexible but it seems like it would take some real effort to snap them. Your quill idea is fantastic. I've got a heat gun so I'll be looking to do that too. thanks!

Actually the properties of this clay and it's ease of use is pretty phenomenal. I can see other small pieces being easy to make...beads, buttons, small plating, etc. While I was doing teeth and generally futzing around, my daughter did these... The whole cast! :)

SPark.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back