making spider webs that look like real spiderwebs?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i have a project idea, but i need a spiderweb that looks actually like an official spiderweb.

i dont want to use off the shelf spiderweb stuff for halloween, but im kinda lost on any other ideas.

any chance someone here has a good idea or recipe or tutorial?

thanks.
chris

How big?

I used to mess with Testor's model cement for small webs on the corners of boxes and such. You could build a structured web this way but not sure how big it could be.

Don't breathe the stuff too much. ;)

My Webpage
Originally posted by Serafino@Nov 10 2005, 12:14 AM
Ghostride productions, GRP offers some sweet cobwebs in a spray can they're like $14.  but are hollywood set material.  Other than that they offer a hot glue gun you hook up to an air compressor...as the glue comes out you spray it all over.  Used these products on haunted houses and film short sets they work great.
very realistic.
mike

btw I screwed up...the link is not my site but Ghostride.

I used to mess with Testor's model cement for small webs on the corners of boxes and such.  You could build a structured web this way but not sure how big it could be.

Don't breathe the stuff too much.   ;)
[snapback]1113269[/snapback]​

sold out :(

im thinking i might go with the testors stuff (SSSSSSSSSNIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF) :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :D

i managed to pick up one of those "spiderman" prop spiders, and i can find the little box to use as the same in the movie one, but id like to have it look "spiderwebby".

chris

Didn't they said what they used on the Return Of The King bous DVD's ? They fried that stuff, and then made webs

You can take a regular hot melt glue gun, and run a air hose to it, pull the trigger, squrit some air and volia. Realsitic cobwebs.

guys, this is for a tiny box... not a room.

heres a pic (swiped from a horribly overpriced ebay auction)

[attachmentid=4938]

any ideas?

chris

Yeah, and I bet Ants and other insects will love it..

Originally posted by jedi knight@Nov 10 2005, 06:49 AM
melted sugar? That might be too hard to work with though.
[snapback]1113494[/snapback]​

seems like I'd seem a tutorial somewhere for preserving real spider webs..
spray glue? I'll look.. You might could find some real webs that are sturdy enough and attach them with the cement. They last a long time too..other than that, a pet spider or two might help..
Jayn

Forgot to add, if you haven't gotten a box yet, Container Store sells those same ones in various sizes..

Jayn

Chris,

Go to the halloween stores or wal-mart etc (as they have massive clearance) and get the webbing that is in the large bag. (Like to decorate outside etc.) Pull off just a little bit and stretch that.

Cheap and will probably do what you want.

Originally posted by Great_Bizarro@Nov 11 2005, 01:35 AM
I can send ya a few dozen black widows to put in the box then just wait till they do their decorating and evict them.
[snapback]1114030[/snapback]​

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Why the hell is that so funny to me?

"Sorry, folks, you have 30 days from today to vacate the premises."

Shrink wrap ( the stuff used to wrap around pallets and looks like seran wrap) any is you stretch shink wrap till it breaks it looks like a web shout out of spidermans wrist. I work in a plant where the seats for the Dodge Durango are made. The fork lifts constantly move pallets and sometimes the wrap gets stuck on another pallet and gets stretched to the poing where it snaps. It looks really cool.

if it's for a small box and your wanting the 'random' type of web just try squirting a tiny bit out and going back and forth between the corners that you'd like to be covered and let the pesky strings that ususally get on your nerves when doing other projects do their job.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back