Making/selling custom Flash style skins

jaded

Ok, after some talking with some friends, positive compliments from you guys, a few pm's about commission work, and some folks from Gen Con asking where and how and how much?, I am thinking of making and selling skins with the "Flash" method I used on my Axertor based suit. I am on the fence on wether or not to have a go at this. I am worried about customer satisfaction and happiness with the skin. There are a lot of you guys who offer commission paint jobs and great skins and/or both. Just wondering if anybody is interested or if I may be wasting my time.

The link is to my Completed Suit thread, thoughts, comments, much appreciated :) Link

Ok, after some talking with some friends, positive compliments from you guys, a few pm's about commission work, and some folks from Gen Con asking where and how and how much?, I am thinking of making and selling skins with the "Flash" method I used on my Axertor based suit. I am on the fence on wether or not to have a go at this. I am worried about customer satisfaction and happiness with the skin. There are a lot of you guys who offer commission paint jobs and great skins and/or both. Just wondering if anybody is interested or if I may be wasting my time.

The link is to my Completed Suit thread, thoughts, comments, much appreciated ;) Link
The flash method?? would this be coating an existing piece(lycra suit, scuba suit)in latex?

The flash method?? would this be coating an existing piece(lycra suit, scuba suit)in latex?

Yes and no. I custom cut the muscles from upholstery foam, tighten the slack on all the appendages (if requested), and add velcro (if requested) like I did on mine. I also mix a small amount of acrylic paint to tint the latex (which would be chosen colors of your choice) and add all the colors to have a finished ready to wear suit. It uses the same basic idea as the Mr. I suit, but is different, so I dubbed it the "Flash method"

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back