making nerves and innards?

miwashi

I want to make some realistic gore in the form of nerves hanging loose. Does anyone know how to do this?

I thought of using flexible clay, but it's opaque and I want a semi translucent and glossy appearance. I thought rtv silicone mixed with translucent red paint and painted onto something would work, but what flexible material can I paint it onto?

With most prop things, especially gore, dont over think it.

It will help if youre clear about the intended use of it all. If its for a film, its a lot more basic than any pro would want you to know. Yarn, string, basic latex, fake blood... Its all not made for longevity.

If its for a display its made for longevity and visual scrutiny. Still not very difficult. You can still use string and yarn but coat it in latex first. Youll need to use other material for blood however. Many things will work from cheap crafts paint mixed with latex to clear caulk and dye to expensive industry materials. In the end it only matters what works, not what it costs.

I loved that technique where tissue paper was added with latex and it looked like real torn flesh.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back