Making a watch prop for our short film and I need some help.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lunsfuhd

Hey! I'm making a watch "device" that looks like this watch in the poster. My concept is putting LEDs behind a transparent watch face with a black print so it can shine through the transparent parts but honestly I have no clue of how I could do that, any ideas?
IMG_6193.JPG
IMG_6193.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Duncanator

Sr Member
I'm guessing that it doesn't need any flashing or flickering elements.

A simple solution would be a transparency over some back-lit milk plex. The trick is getting even light on the backside of the plex in such a small space. I'd suggest rim lighting a white bounce card to avoid hot spots.

robstyle

Master Member
might be a little late for your project, but, a cheap smart watch will do it. The $7 shipped from overseas knock off smart watches have video and photo abilities. That means you can great a gif or mov file and do real time play back practically. I just picked up a small cache of various smart watches for that purpose. Youll likely need to do some work to make a faux bezel but its easier to make that than go through the trouble of making an entire illuminated prop.