Making a Hellboy prop gun from a Dollar General toy gun.

arthurdent

Recently I bought a toy gun at a local Dollar General store because it was similar to Hellboys' gun, The Samaritan. With a careful repaint it came out very similar to Hellboys gun.

20180918_201028_HDR.jpgThis is the toy gun. It also came with ten fake bullets in rapid reloaders.20180924_053600_HDR.jpg First of all i masked off the grip and the orange tip with tape. The tip HAS to remain orange or I'd be breaking the law here in Texas. I then spray painted the body of the gun black, let it dry two days, then wrapped the body in paper and spray painted the grips brown to match the Samaritans' color scheme.

20180924_051631_HDR.jpg

This is how the gun turned out: The BPRD medallions on the grip I made by printing out the symbol as small as I could on my printer, then I taped them to a piece of metal foil and used an old ballpoint pen to emboss the logo into the foil. I then cut them out and hot glued them to the grip. I will be painting the tips of six of the bullets green to match the bullets for the Samaritan.

Love Dollar Store based builds!

Being in a manufacturing business, I just cannot see how most manufacturers make any money. The prices the buy items for are ridiculous. Lol

Well done!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back