making a Gonk Droid, NOW COMPLETED, WITH PICS

razorsharp192

Sr Member
going to give making a gonk droid a go, but i'd like some pics of the actual prop if possible to work with (screen grabs or pics of the prop). all i've found are fan made ones so far.

anyone got any good pics?

Last edited:
Re: making a Gonk Droid, anyone got any reference pics?

TK-409 (Chris) made a gonk droid costume for one of his kids and has a tutorial on it. Try his website.

Re: making a Gonk Droid, anyone got any reference pics?

well today i got my gonk pretty much finished (i might take it apart tomorrow though to stengthen it a bit)

gone for a little of of weathering to give it that used look :)

SN850602.jpg

SN850603.jpg

SN850604.jpg

SN850605.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. What is the hologram projector piece? PVC pipe?

didnt even think about that, but yeah guess it does look like a holo projector, its just a pvc part from b and q (hardware shop if you're not in the uk)

Are those stratocaster pickup covers I see? Very cleaver!

10 points to that man! i had some old guitar parts lying around so i used those for part of the front panel. there's also a volume knob from an old guitar i had there too, oh and a strap hook glued to the top of another round part :) oh, and there's an actual electronic switch (incase i wanted to add speakers and make it go "gonk")

That gonk rocks! :lol

Seriously great job!! :thumbsup

Very nice! I like the color choice as well.

thanks, i was just going to do it black, but then i saw the gonk droid toy that comes with the jawa figure and thought it looked good:

1107284381_db515f95df.jpg

on top of that colour i've attempted some weathering with different shades of silver/grey

I did mine in metallic black. At the time I thought it looked pretty good, but I may end up repainting it. I also need to add the side detail to mine.

Too many half finished projects around the house..

Something that would be nice to add to a prop like this would be some good Gonk sound bytes free from movie music or distortion. Are there any out there to be had?

Something that would be nice to add to a prop like this would be some good Gonk sound bytes free from movie music or distortion. Are there any out there to be had?

not that i found, i found some with the music and distortion, apparently there's some in a star wars game that can be extracted though

Nice! Very well done but it looks too clean! :)

You're the first person I have seen tackle this in a long time. I made one *years* ago for my brother-in-law and only at the end did I think about taking pics to make a tutorial. I have been trying to find time to make another (and take pics this time) and I ever have most of the parts set aside. I added lights to the panel on mine for extra fun.

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/swprops/pics/characters/gonk/gonktutorial.html

If I ever do get the chance to make another, I wanted to add a motion detector with a sound chip so it "talks" when you get near it. :)

not that i found, i found some with the music and distortion, apparently there's some in a star wars game that can be extracted though

I think you're right. I believe there might be some in one or two of the Outcast games. Guess we'll just have to see if I can pull them.. :love

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back