Making A Fallout t-51b Power Armor Helmet Out Of Steel

GoldPointProps

hey everyone! for my next project I am going to be making a t-51b power armor helmet from the fallout games!
I am using the power armor edition helmet as reference. and I will be using 18 gauge mild steel for most of the metal work.

DSC04233.JPG

I am starting with the back part of the helmet since it has the least amount of details and will be the easiest part to make.

fallout halmat circle.jpg

here is what I finished tonight. I used a hammer and English wheel to shape the back part of the helmet. it doesn't look like much yet but its just the beginning!

DSC04237.JPG

DSC04239.JPG

I will be making a build video for this helmet showing the whole process of how I make it. thanks for checking this out and feel free to ask any questions you have! as soon as I make more progress I will be back with an update!

UPDATE 1

I made a little more progress on the helmet last night! I got one of the sides roughed in. its still not looking like much but this weekend it should start taking shape.

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG

Last edited:
UPDATE 1

I made a little more progress on the helmet last night! I got one of the sides roughed in. its still not looking like much but this weekend it should start taking shape.
DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG

Hello everyone I am back with an update! I have finished most of the basic shape of the helmet and have started adding the detail on to the helmet.

DSC04248.JPG

DSC04250.JPG

DSC04257.JPG

DSC04258.JPG

today I will be starting on the eyes/visor area on the helmet. soon as I make more progress ill be back with an update

Attachments

• DSC04252.JPG
    DSC04252.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 376
What I find amazing is how some images look parts of other helmets, such as a Cylon or Judge Dredd.
The newest set of images are amazing.

I was expecting something kinda halfassed. This is killer! You do custom choppers for a living? You going with a sandblasted or polished finish?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back