Making A Fallout t-51b Power Armor Helmet Out Of Steel

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by GoldPointProps, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GoldPointProps

GoldPointProps Active Member

hey everyone! for my next project I am going to be making a t-51b power armor helmet from the fallout games!
    I am using the power armor edition helmet as reference. and I will be using 18 gauge mild steel for most of the metal work.

DSC04233.JPG

I am starting with the back part of the helmet since it has the least amount of details and will be the easiest part to make.

fallout halmat circle.jpg
    here is what I finished tonight. I used a hammer and English wheel to shape the back part of the helmet. it doesn't look like much yet but its just the beginning!

DSC04237.JPG

. DSC04239.JPG
    I will be making a build video for this helmet showing the whole process of how I make it. thanks for checking this out and feel free to ask any questions you have! as soon as I make more progress I will be back with an update!

UPDATE 1

I made a little more progress on the helmet last night! I got one of the sides roughed in. its still not looking like much but this weekend it should start taking shape.

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Rogviler likes this.
  2. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

Great start, looking forward to following your progress!

3. zapwizard

zapwizard Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great idea. I can't wait to see more.

4. PlanetAlexander

PlanetAlexander New Member

Awesome way to take prop/armour making to a new level! I will be keeping an eye on progress.

5. GoldPointProps

GoldPointProps Active Member

UPDATE 1

I made a little more progress on the helmet last night! I got one of the sides roughed in. its still not looking like much but this weekend it should start taking shape.
    DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG