making a bio helmet

Tonkers D

So i purchased a very nice DB P1 gen 2 mask from NUCKING FUTS (thanks man) and i want to make a P1 bio for it and for sale afterward. So the first thing i am doing is making a plaster wrap bio base to sculpt on.

I bought three roles of 4" x 180" plater bandages from micheals for $4.99 a Piece. All i did then since the mask is not foam filled, was stuff it with packing peanuts and grocery bags.

** if i were to do it again would buy 4 roles of 4" x 180" roles instead but three got the job done.

Here are the pics.

Now i just need it to dry and then on to sculpting!

Tonkers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the right way to do it! Smart!
Are ya goin to take it off the mask and sculpt? If you are make sure the plaster is thick enough to support the heavy clay.
Good Luck

Are ya goin to take it off the mask and sculpt? If you are make sure the plaster is thick enough to support the heavy clay.

Ya you can if you want. Infact i did at first but then leaving it on the mask gave me a better perspective on the design of the bio and where the edges are.

Way to go!

Similar to a class I had at costume college last month... we learned how to make a mask of our own face using the plaster bandages....really messy, and not for the claustrophobic, but gave me some ideas :rolleyes:

Custom made to fit your own mask or face is the way to go!

---
Ei'luj

are you concerned that the bio will be too tight once you get the mandibles and fangs inserted to the mask?

Ive been laying the clay for a while and finally its ready to start showing you guys. for a while it looked like crap but now its actually starting to take shape.

here 's the progress:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the updates great work!
I am looking at trying something the same for my old paper mache/rubber mask.
Hope it works out well

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back