Make up advice

mortenharket

Sr Member
We have an annual 70's massive outdoor party here in Middlesbrough every year and everybody has to get dressed up. So 3 friends and I have decided to go as KISS :) Im going as the spaceman and am currently sorting out the costume but was wondering if any body has any tips in regards to makeup. The biggest thing im concerned about it is running, smudging etc. Are there any really good brands that are resistant to this kind of thing but can be easily removed or does anybody have any tips for "sealing" makeup perhaps???

http://www.thesunblog.com/frosting/kiss2.jpg

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Find make up "barrier spray". Spray i mist onto your face lightly then let it dry. apply the white make up and then use graftobian face powder applied with a make up "wedge" to even out the white. then with a make up pencil outline your face design. then with cold creme and a make up wedge remove the white inside youe design. once that area is dry begin coloring in your face design with the black make up. once all this is completed use the barrier spray again. this time spray it into the air and walk through it. practice makes perfect.

or you can use oil based paint. you set it with powder after applying. Graftobian's RMG is what i use.

We have an annual 70's massive outdoor party here in Middlesbrough every year and everybody has to get dressed up. So 3 friends and I have decided to go as KISS :p Im going as the spaceman and am currently sorting out the costume but was wondering if any body has any tips in regards to makeup. The biggest thing im concerned about it is running, smudging etc. Are there any really good brands that are resistant to this kind of thing but can be easily removed or does anybody have any tips for "sealing" makeup perhaps???

http://www.thesunblog.com/frosting/kiss2.jpg

Any tips are greatly appreciated
BEN NYE IS THE MAKE UP KISS USES.HOPE THIS HELPS.

I would have to agree with Scott here. I use Ben Nye for my Na'vi make up.. its a little on the ouchie side of the money wall but Im telling you a little goes a looooong way. They also have a 'Final Seal' spray that you use after to keep it from running. Another recommendation.. if you deciced to go with this, is Wash your face.. use Final Seal, let dry, then use the makeup.. an once your done spray once more.. Its amazing how much it sticks too.

Kish

Wow, thanks for all the tips people :p

Ordered some Ben nye products, sweat proof base and a barrier spray, rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks again ;)

Hi, I used to intern at my local opera theater as a make-up/wig artist. The brand they used was Kryolan. That stuff wouldn't run or bleed for anything, even under the stage lights. In fact, you need a cleanser to take it off. That's what I would recommend.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back