Suggestion Make a Star Wars Junkyard

Mr. No Stripes

Sr Member
I know the junkyard is sappose to be a "junkyard" but it has just been overwhelmed with junk. Since this board seems to be mainly for star wars props (as the header of the form would suggest), I think it's time to start a new forum (aside from the regular junkyard) for just star wars costumes and props, and leave the other junk where it is.

I've noticed when posting something in the JY, its on the 5th page in 24 hours or less and thats after I sort through FS threads only. Its hard to get stuff sold when its like this.

It's also hard to sell stuff when you just don't have what people want! How am i supposed to get rid of this stuff then?

It's also hard to sell stuff when you just don't have what people want! How am i supposed to get rid of this stuff then?

well looking throug even the prop forum page I see Harry Potter, Star Gate, Star Trek, Judge Dredd, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Bourne Idenity, Quantum leap, National Treasure and Jurassic Park among others just on page one......so for me to believe that this forum is mostly star wars is a hard stretch for me..........as far as the junk yard goes you have the same issues as everyone else posting there. just my 2 cents :thumbsup

well looking throug even the prop forum page I see Harry Potter, Star Gate, Star Trek, Judge Dredd, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Bourne Idenity, Quantum leap, National Treasure and Jurassic Park among others just on page one......so for me to believe that this forum is mostly star wars is a hard stretch for me..........as far as the junk yard goes you have the same issues as everyone else posting there. just my 2 cents :thumbsup

Agreed, this is the Replica Prop Forum, not the Replica Prop Star Wars Forum. We already have the JY sorted by category *For sale, trade, non-prop, etc). I see no need to further subdivide.

the think the search feature can find anything you need. I don't collect everything in the JY , but it's fun to see what everyone has up for sale.

I think that's a great Idea Mr. No Stripes.
that way, i wouldn't have to wade through all of the non-Star Wars garbage to find something worthwhile.

I'm not saying this is a Star Wars only Board. I would be an idiot to think that.

I could be wrong, but it seems the original intent of the board was to focus on Star Wars props. Reason is, I don't see any Harry Potter, Star Gate, Star Trek, Judge Dredd, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Bourne Idenity, Quantum leap, National Treasure, or Jurassic Park skins for the board :). The top header for the RPF is Star Wars... or if you change the skin... "The Replica Property Form" from last April fools :lol:lol.

I'm not saying this is a Star Wars only Board. I would be an idiot to think that.

I could be wrong, but it seems the original intent of the board was to focus on Star Wars props. Reason is, I don't see any Harry Potter, Star Gate, Star Trek, Judge Dredd, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Bourne Idenity, Quantum leap, National Treasure, or Jurassic Park skins for the board :). The top header for the RPF is Star Wars... or if you change the skin... "The Replica Property Form" from last April fools :lol:lol.

You are right the RPF has historically been a Star Wars centric site but also has welcomed props from all media and with the "death" of Star Wars after Ep III, it is now more important than ever that we continue to welcome all prop-related items.

I can tell you with no hesitation that we won't make a Star Wars only junkyard (I don't even like the name "junkyard" because of the obvious Star Wars reference) but we have considered splitting out props vs non-props. The biggest problem there being the same issues we have between the prop and costume forums, many things could fall under either category.

rpflogo.png

That's actually the RPF standard header the Star Wars theme isn't.

You are right the RPF has historically been a Star Wars centric site but also has welcomed props from all media and with the "death" of Star Wars after Ep III, it is now more important than ever that we continue to welcome all prop-related items.

I can tell you with no hesitation that we won't make a Star Wars only junkyard (I don't even like the name "junkyard" because of the obvious Star Wars reference) but we have considered splitting out props vs non-props. The biggest problem there being the same issues we have between the prop and costume forums, many things could fall under either category.

well, thought I'd try... oh well
:):thumbsup

(I don't even like the name "junkyard" because of the obvious Star Wars reference)
Change it to Molly's Doll Parts Shop. :lol

No?

Well... you could call it anything you want. How about Illegal Salvage Market? Or is that too... flashy? How about Prop Market... or just The Marketplace? Or... Get Your **** Here? Oh, that last one got hit by the censors... how about simply Buy/sell & Trade? Or Bits & Pieces? The Flea Market? Or Trash For Sale & Trade?

No? :confused

I know the junkyard is sappose to be a "junkyard" but it has just been overwhelmed with junk... I think it's time to start a new forum (aside from the regular junkyard) for just star wars costumes and props, and leave the other junk where it is.

I understand your frustration... But you could have said this a little more "tactfully".

What I see is, "Can we make a separate trading forum for everyone else's crap? I need to sell my stuff." :lol

Besides- you can always bump your own thread.

Kevin

I understand your frustration... But you could have said this a little more "tactfully".

What I see is, "Can we make a separate trading forum for everyone else's crap? I need to sell my stuff." :lol

Besides- you can always bump your own thread.

Kevin

sorry :lol

and I always feel lame bumping a FS forum every day... but I guess I could.

:lol:lol I actually like that one!

My thought was along the lines of "Classifieds" but that certainly isn't very exciting.

you could call it "Really Exciting Classified"... that would be exciting. Or you could just call it "TTB" (the toilet bowl)... a good place to put all your crap... maybe put some stars like this ***TTB*** to spice it up even more... or do the stars imply "star wars" too much? :):thumbsup

It used be called Watto's Junkyard. I don't remember why it was changed. Maybe it was to reflect "all" props being sold, not just SW.

AGREED! What's this mainly Star Wars business??? It's a great big world of props out there.

Agreed, this is the Replica Prop Forum, not the Replica Prop Star Wars Forum. We already have the JY sorted by category *For sale, trade, non-prop, etc). I see no need to further subdivide.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back