Majora's Mask

You did such a wonderful job painting it. And if I didn't know this was urethane, I'd have thought this to be made of wood only because of the horns. They're so convincing!

I'm curious. Are there any other Zelda props you've made? Your work here, like Patattack said, is phenomenal!

This is truly amazing. I've been looking for ages for a really good Majora's Mask and all my efforts so far have either been sold out or not to my liking.

This, however, is it. The best one I've seen. I'm ​definitely not going to miss out on this one if I can! Incredible!

You did such a wonderful job painting it. And if I didn't know this was urethane, I'd have thought this to be made of wood only because of the horns. They're so convincing!

I'm curious. Are there any other Zelda props you've made? Your work here, like Patattack said, is phenomenal!

Thanks! Actually, the first props I ever made were the Master Sword and Hylian shield from Twilight Princess. I'm in the process of making the clawshot as well.

I took the mask on a walk today for an impromptu photoshoot:

IMG_1775.jpgIMG_1803.jpg
MM tagged.jpg

that really does look fine! just expressed my interest in a finished one in the PR thread. that wood texturing is the bomb!!

I just finished my Majoras mask today doing a sculpture instead of a full 3d print. I am very impressed with yours! What sort of printer do you have with that amount of detail?

I just finished my Majoras mask today doing a sculpture instead of a full 3d print. I am very impressed with yours! What sort of printer do you have with that amount of detail?

I use a MakerGear M2. It's got the same resolution as any other FDM printer, but it's VERY sturdy, which means you can tweak it to be more precise than most other FDM printers, even ones that cost twice as much.

The back mounting rim is finished. The master was cut from 1/4" MDF and smoothed to a nice finish. I added two alignment pegs on the top and bottom that act as anchor points to epoxy the rim to the back edge of the mask base:
IMG_1860.JPG

..and with this piece molded, all parts are DONE!
IMG_1861.JPGIMG_1864.JPGIMG_1858.JPG

I've made a project run for the kits (and a few finished pieces, on a limited basis) :
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233956

Absolutely love your work. May I ask what software you used to make the initial model before you imported it into zbrush? I'm keen to learn some more 3d modelling as so far my only experience is using AutoCAD for much more simple geometrical shapes

GREAT JOB!
Damn that mask does look cool! I knew someday someone would come and have it done correctly :p

Here's my attempt if you don't mind sharing. Carved from wood.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 131
  • mmb.jpg
    mmb.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 99
GREAT JOB!
Damn that mask does look cool! I knew someday someone would come and have it done correctly :p

Here's my attempt if you don't mind sharing. Carved from wood.

Hey, I've admired your stuff on deviantART! That mask is a hell of a thing, really excellent work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back