Majora's Mask

I like your idea of rotating the top horns. They seem to be the right length. As for the bottom ones, like someone said, in the concept art they protrude at different angles, and they do seem a bit short. Also the very middle two on the bottom seem to have a little inward curvature on them in the concept art, but maybe that's just me being really picky. Everything on the actual mask looks amazing however, including the paint job. Great stuff!

Sorry for disappearing! I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment among other things. But I'm sure you all have heard those excuses before lol. The build is pretty much were I left off. Here is that picture of the horn test again since the link broke in the above posts.

65ad7b69.jpg

Also I feel like I need to adjust the blue color to more of a purple. I think I may have gotten that wrong. Depending on the picture of the mask, both in game and concept, it seems to vary from purple to blue. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I think your colors are off. You have almost all primary colors now, and the box art has a lot of secondary colors mixed it.

Personally, I think the base mask color s more purple than blue.. you could always just do a base of purple, and then splotch in some blue.

The lower horns look more pastelly to me, with some splotched on heavier accents. Your base colors though are very strong, and darker.

Have you considered weathering in some wood detailng, so it looks like the paint is chipping off the wooden mask?

I love this idea, and am wanting one now myself!

Yeah I think I'll have to get or mix some purple and test it on one of the masks. I like the idea of weathering but I'm unsure of how to do it. I think if I were to weather them I should have started with a brown basecoat. As they are now all the masks I have are just grey underneath.

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to keep a sharp eye out in case you ever decide to do a run.

EDIT: also you may want to look at a copy of Super Smash Bros Melee. There's a Majora's mask trophy and you'd have a nice 3D model to look at in various lighting

I don't have Super Smash Bros but a quick google search found this nice image. So thanks Buck Wild. It is definitly purple there. Also I've been hesitant to make the horns multicolor because I wasn't sure how to do it. But if I go by this picture I should just be able to airbrush them. So I'll try that and upload some pics soon.
Majora%27s_Mask_Trophy.png

Over the weekend I tested out some color changes let me know what you think. I didn't get the green on the cheek area yet though. I'll probably mess around with that later, as well as sculpting some new horns.

IMG_0223.jpg

Here is a comparison with the old blue on the right side.

IMG_0225.jpg

The wood grain, the colors, the shape... everything is absolutely perfect! Incredible build!

Also every time I see them, I can't help but think the pupils are little green cheerios. c:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back