Mail Call on History - anyone know why it ended?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know why the show Mail Call ended? It seems like a show that could go on for a long time with the amount of military history they could cover.

It ended about the time they stopped alot of their military shows. You don't even see repeats anymore, it's all pawnstars and hillbilly reality shows. I think military channel shows it, you'd think they'd have picked it up though or even H2. It may just not have been getting enough ratings for the bean counters to justify it. Honestly I haven't seen much new on any of the Discovery networks other than the reality shows. Weather channel is now about the only place to see science shows, including stuff on outer space.

Damn, I was hoping for a joke along the lines of:

"because you just about have enough history for 1 season ;)"

:lol :lol

Sadly you can't even find that many UFO specials on there other than that weirdo with the funny hair. Travel channel is having better history documentaries these days. Now you have a reality show on history about guys making replicas for museums and you can already tell that the guy in charge is either a tool or edited to look like one. Reminds me of that car show with Boyd Coddington where he worked them like slaves and was generally a tool.

All the cars shows are BS. They always do the "We have two weeks to finish this car!" thing. They generally know a year in advance for all of the big auto shows. I'd laugh at someone if they came in and asked me to do a car in two weeks!

All the cars shows are BS. They always do the "We have two weeks to finish this car!" thing. They generally know a year in advance for all of the big auto shows. I'd laugh at someone if they came in and asked me to do a car in two weeks!
Wheeler Dealers is a good one. But that is probably because it is more of a "How To" show and not a "reality" show.

The History Channel is about anything but anymore. They really should just change the name. I mean, this new Revolutionary War show they're putting on -- from the creators of Vikings! -- is bound to be a complete farce insofar as it bears any resemblance to history.

The channel is just fluff and bull**** anymore. Honestly, if I heard the History Channel was airing a documentary on ACTUAL HISTORY, I'd be (A) stunned, and (B) completely uninterested because I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than SCA guys filmed in slow motion while a narrator dumbs down what actually happened but speaks in an ominous and conspiratorial tone.

But they won't even air stuff like that anymore, because they're too busy showing nonsense reality crap.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back