Magnum PI reboot

cboath

Master Member
3 men and a lady how friggin lame!

I would have rather seen them do the adventures of Lilly, than this schlock.

God I hope they don't sport the "Team Ring" so I don't have to explain that i wear it for the old show and not this crap!

I never thought the original was all that great on paper. What made it great was the very likable cast that had great chemistry together.
if you havnt watched the old James garner "Rockford files" there is a couple episodes with tom selleck playing an uber "top detective" and I believe (if i remember correctly) the actors who played "rick" and "t.c." are in it also... ;) and this "to me" was actual "testing" for the actors selected to end up on magnum :p

I like Five-0, but it hasn't been as fun to me the last few seasons as it was the first few.

Wasn't a fan of McGuyver's reboot at all.

I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long...they made a few comments about it in Five-0 a good 3-4 seasons ago.

Looks like the daughter version is out and they're giving it to the guy doing the new 5-0 and Macgyver

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/‘magnum-pi’-reboot-in-the-works-at-cbs/ar-AAtMKox?li=BBnb2gh

Sounds more like the A-Team to me. Serving in the navy isn't good enough this time, now he's a former seal :rolleyes. Don't like what they did to macgyver or 5-0 frankly. Isn't the 5-0 guy a former seal, too? Maybe they'll wind up being in the same unit? ugh.

He and his buddies were SEALs in the original as well.

IMG_7029.JPG

Well this will be junk.

The clips I've seen of the new MacGyver on Youtube make the new Mac look like a smug dick, whereas the original was a humble dude. I dunno, maybe I'm just old and smug dicks appeal to the twitter generation?

Thank you for the clarification, swgeek. I also agree that a reboot is stupid. I can't imagine them being able to capture the magic of the original. However, I could very well be wrong.

Magnum PI’s success had nothing to do with the premise. It was all built on Tom Selleck’s charisma. Truth be told, in this era, they don’t cultivate actors like that anymore. In fact Tom can’t seem to do interviews where he isn’t being prodded about his politics. The man still handles himself with class.

Last edited:
Plus wouldn't there be a potential crossover to Hawaii Five-O? Being that Magnum and McGarrett are both S.E.A.L. and they're on the same island.

The Five-O team singing the Magnum PI theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they need to team up? McGarret is an unstoppable force - invincible, like a terminator. That's one of the problems with 5-0 in my book.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back