Magnum PI Beer Label

VonMagnum

Sr Member
I'm trying to identify what beer (modified or otherwise) Magnum is drinking in the final two-part episode of the original 1980-1988 series near the beginning at a family member's house in the kitchen. Here's a snapshot. It kind of looks like something-Dorf (i.e. Old Dusseldorf which was used before, but had a distinctive Red/Black label). Sorry for the poor quality, but iTunes wouldn't let me snapshot protected media so I took a photo of the plasma screen.

Anyone happen to recognize it?

Magnum Beer s.jpg

Later in the same episode he asks for an "Old Dusseldorf" in a long neck by name and even though the next scene changes, he has another long neck that looks the same so I'm assuming it is in fact, Old Dusseldorf.

Unfortunately, it's a fictional beer supposedly brewed in Maryland.

These are some actual beers from the Dusseldorf region of Germany you can try:

Schloesser Alt, Schumacher Alt, Gatz ( From the Gatzweiler Brewery), Frankenheim Alt.

Or there's the Canadian beer of the same name:

I've been watching both Magnum PI shows lately. The 2nd to last episode (3rd if you count the finale as two parts) called "Transitions" begins with a picture of an Indiana Jones-like hat and whip sitting in a chair (from the previous episode Legend of the Lost Art) as Magnum is going through his things in the guest house. Since Tom Selleck was the first choice for Indiana Jones, I thought that was interesting.

Legend of the Lost Art picture:

Magnum Indy.png

Last edited:
I have been looking for someone to try and replicate the Coop's beer labels for the long neck beer bottles but have yet to find anyone to be able to do it I know that they actually still use the same exact beer in cans and beer bottle on the new series as well. So if anyone has the ability to do it and make it look like the screen-used prop to just slap on a existing Coors bottle kind of like a self-adhesive labels I would be more than happy to buy a bunch of those as well as some old Dusseldorf if those can be replicated as well

I have been looking for someone to try and replicate the Coop's beer labels for the long neck beer bottles but have yet to find anyone to be able to do it I know that they actually still use the same exact beer in cans and beer bottle on the new series as well. So if anyone has the ability to do it and make it look like the screen-used prop to just slap on a existing Coors bottle kind of like a self-adhesive labels I would be more than happy to buy a bunch of those as well as some old Dusseldorf if those can be replicated as well
Did you ever have any luck finding the labels? I have been trying to do this for 25+ years!

Did you ever have any luck finding the labels? I have been trying to do this for 25+ years!
Unfortunately not. I did hear that the labels that the used on the new Magnum PI reboot where the same as the originals but I can't say for sure if that's the case or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back