Magnoli Tennant Blue Suit - Bright Pinstripes

jedirulz123

So my blue suit arrived yesterday, and it's great. Just one thing, the rust pinstripes REALLY stand out. Like, with Tennant's actual suit you can barely tell there even is a pinstripe unless you having a good look, but Magnoli's are incredibly in-your-face. I've thought about dying it, or maybe washing it to see if it will fade a bit, but I thought I'd ask experts; what can I do to make the stripe more subtle?

These are pics of the suit from Magnoli's site because my camera is awful, but it's the exact same. Vibrant blue with very apparent pinstripes.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Compared to to the suit as worn by Tennant
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Even when up close with flash the stripes are still subtle. I know the topic of dying Magnoli blue suit fabric has been discussed before, but this is the newer material so I need some suggestions.

Yeah this is why I won't buy Magnoli's blue suit. The brown is spot on but this blue is way off and I've seen it next to the actual suit.

The only way you could tone down the pinstripes on your suit would be to dye it, but I'm not even sure that'd do it and it'd run the risk of shifting the colors too much.

I'm planning to overdye mine with a medium blue. It won't darken the color much, but it will tone down the stripes a lot and cut some of the teal from the blue. I dyed his first batch of fabric to make it darker, it works pretty well.

Screenshot_2016-04-13-13-46-46.png
Screenshot_2016-04-14-18-39-39.png

So I'm planning on getting a Dylon Ocean Blue dye to give it that nice blue instead of the bright thing I've got right now. It should make it easier to look at and dull the stripes.
0285877_l.jpg
s4_05_wal_01.jpg
FB_IMG_1459811919713.jpg

I just used Rit. Different colors because I was starting with his original light blue. i don't have any experience with Dylon.

So reading Steve Ricks' blog, he actually used the Dylon Ocean Blue mixed with something else for the original fabric, so I reckon with the updated fabric and just the ocean blue dye, I might manage a healthy middle.

The suit has been dyed. The colour is now perfect, and the pinstripes are nearly invisible unless you're looking for them. I'm now far happier than I was a week ago.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back