Magneto Helmet X-Men First Class - New Master Last page

Re: X-Men - First Class - Magneto Helmet

When I need to harden a plastiline sculpt, I apply two or three coats of white glue and sand it a little bit to smooth it.

Yes, that's the white glue I meant! And it is sandable... just be gentle and use a water-sanding paper with a very small grain, only to level any posible imperfections (if your layers are all homogeneous enough you wont need to sand it)

I usually use a 600 with water ;)
Ok, gotta check if this glue has problems with platinum silicone and then I could use it ;)
Thanks man!

Update.
Ok, here is the new dome with the old ornaments (I keep say ornaments, but have no idea of how you call those :D)

12.jpg

Ornaments were crooked, so I tore them away, sanded the helmet, refined the shape of the orn. and tried it again:

13.jpg

This time I was slower and more precise and the final outcome is pretty good :D

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

I tried it on and it looks really good as far as size and shape :D
Thanks for all the comments guys :D

Last edited:

Ok, I went on.
Passed the bondo on the plastiline and after a couple of afternoons I got it right, nice and smooth :D

Also, I'm preparing to fill the bevels of the ornaments as you can seei, 1 mm sintra was glued under the resin walls. Bondo will be used to make the bevels ;)

Pictures :D

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Last edited:

Another update.
I put the bondo on the sintra to make the bevels:

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

and finally went on to sharpen all the details :D

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

I hope to prime it tomorrow to see what other things need to be fixed, and then on to the final touches ;)

Last edited:

I'd like to have feedback from you guys, is there anything you think has to be fixed?
Thanks for the comments! :D

Nicely done. Love how clean and crisp you got the lines of this. Can't wait to see this finished.(y)thumbsup

That is looking well impressive man!.. especially since it started life as a hard hat:p Im working on a magneto helmet too so i know just how much effort you have put in! I cant wait to see the finished product

Re: Magneto Helmet X-Men First Class

Well, guys, little troubles here and there. Helmet looked good, but the back wasn't perfect. So I decided to start over, keeping this helmet as reference

I tried on my brother's head and it looked like the back was way too distant from the neck. Also, since he has a bigger head than mine, I was able to see the differences in the front too.

The new helmet should be very very accurate
Thanks also to some HD video I found

Hang in there!

Re: Magneto Helmet X-Men First Class

by any chance is it the "never again" trailer from here?:D This has been the best reference ever!
X-Men: First Class trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

Quick question. Do you have any dimensions/drawing of the trim laying about? I've just gotten mine to shape and i'd like to make a comparison with someone else:) I can send you on all my overall helmet shape dimensions if you like.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back