Magneto Helmet -First Build Ever-

TheManBat

What is up RPF. I am currently making my first build ever which is a Magneto First Class helmet.
I'm mainly making this for the experience with Resin, Bondo, Rondo, and spray paint that eventually will go to an Iron Man Suit for The Avengers Premiere. :cool

Anyways, I got started after getting super inspired by Stealth's tutorials and stumbled upon RPF looking for a Click Remote, haha.

I am a student and am trying to beef up (P90X, and eating a lot) for the Iron Man suit so i'll be lucky if I can get an hour of work on this helmet per day, but hopefully I can finish it by mid october.

So this is my progress so far.

Folder by Themanbat1, on Flickr

Pep Files by Themanbat1, on Flickr

Back of Helmet by Themanbat1, on Flickr

The helmet was made so far out of standard printer paper (won't be doing that again) so i'm not even sure this is going to hold. Although I did just run to the store to pick up cardstock incase I need to redo it all. I have been taping it myself with scotch tape, and from now on i'm going to be using hot glue. I'll be taking pictures after each time I add to this.

One thing i'm worried about is the size. I didn't scale it at all and am quite afraid that it will be miniature. However i'm not planning on being Magneto for Halloween or anything, so I may just make it as a desk item.

Welp, back to work.

Well It looks good but keep using hot glue and the paper should be 110 lbs card-stock. make sure when you finish the pepping to make all the changes that it could need before you apply resin. I committed the mistake of fiber glassing the helmet without making some changes and the flaps of the front came out pointing out lol..

look for Jaybible's thread for some ideas.

Well It looks good but keep using hot glue and the paper should be 110 lbs card-stock. make sure when you finish the pepping to make all the changes that it could need before you apply resin. I committed the mistake of fiber glassing the helmet without making some changes and the flaps of the front came out pointing out lol..

look for Jaybible's thread for some ideas.

Yep, I learned that my paper was way too flimsy, so I printed it out on cardstock and am going to cut it all out and hot glue it together this weekend.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back