Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

Woops, it came early!

!!!*!*!**!lJSDFKLJPSDOIFUJS:LFJA:FLKJS:FGJKSK:LJG

Ron Ogden GIF by The Dungeon Run

I'll share when the time is right!
But I have officially found the correct board donor for the interior PCB. I'm working on identifying the breakdown, assembly, and how to make replicas ASAP! I'm over the moon!

No PM's regarding this please, I won't see this go the way the boot studs did ;)

I'll share when the time is right!
But I have officially found the correct board donor for the interior PCB. I'm working on identifying the breakdown, assembly, and how to make replicas ASAP! I'm over the moon!

No PM's regarding this please, I won't see this go the way the boot studs did ;)
Now THAT is exciting news! Congratulations Bryan! (y)

I don't know whether to be green with envy, or relieved that I can finally stop looking! :lol:

I'll look forward to the reveal! I have a hunch what brand it is, but I'll be dammed if I can find the right model!

Congratulations anyway. Another great find!

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.24.49 PM.png

A little sneak preview maybe. :eek:
Top board is the one now on hand with a little bit of digital re-arranging and some blur added to tantalize a bit.

I won't be cutting into this or making it available while I prep replicas. Hopefully everyone understands!

Well done on the first post. 1) if you're able to duplicate the internals for us in a run I would love you

2) great lineage shot with the V2

3) is there new info on the nipple hole or markings on the body? I got nowhere with that

View attachment 1491609

A little sneak preview maybe. :eek:
Top board is the one now on hand with a little bit of digital re-arranging and some blur added to tantalize a bit.

I won't be cutting into this or making it available while I prep replicas. Hopefully everyone understands!

This is very exciting, wonderful research work once again!

Went through the pain last year of looking through hundreds of calculator PCB images, even bought a few to see if I could piece something accurate together, but never got close enough. This is great news!

Pretty pleased now… I believe I’ve identified the components for the Cave scene tuning tool. Parts ordered and I’ll try a dry fit when they arrive :)
i'm 99% sure i know what it is...been keeping it on the down low myself until i knew the exact maker/makers

Can someone explain the difference with the ‘MoM Gen 2’ that recently appeared on the 7Chambers website vs the Gen 1? Is it ‘more accurate’, more ‘install friendly’ or something to do with ‘the materials’? I only ask because I just ordered the original one and a few days later, the Gen 2 went up for preorder (delivery in Jan). I bought as a collection/display piece and do not intend to instal, so if the new one is better for that then I’m alright but if it’s more ‘screen accurate’ then that’s a bit of an L for me lol.

Can someone explain the difference with the ‘MoM Gen 2’ that recently appeared on the 7Chambers website vs the Gen 1? Is it ‘more accurate’, more ‘install friendly’ or something to do with ‘the materials’? I only ask because I just ordered the original one and a few days later, the Gen 2 went up for preorder (delivery in Jan). I bought as a collection/display piece and do not intend to instal, so if the new one is better for that then I’m alright but if it’s more ‘screen accurate’ then that’s a bit of an L for me lol.

From the email I recieved;

"Our first UK production outing with our local machinist! Machining started last week, and our machinist is seriously pumping out parts at a quality and pace I have never seen in my 14 years in the hobby! They are due to ship in January, and the hilts themselves will be completed by the holidays.

We begin collecting completed parts this coming Friday, starting with emitters and necks, soon to be followed by the main bodies and pommels. You can now reserve one, and watch the weekly collection posts ensue (with some machining footage)! The hilt has been updated with additional (albeit small) accuracy mods, and some changes to higher quality materials."

"Our first UK production outing with our local machinist! Machining started last week, and our machinist is seriously pumping out parts at a quality and pace I have never seen in my 14 years in the hobby! They are due to ship in January, and the hilts themselves will be completed by the holidays.

We begin collecting completed parts this coming Friday, starting with emitters and necks, soon to be followed by the main bodies and pommels. You can now reserve one, and watch the weekly collection posts ensue (with some machining footage)! The hilt has been updated with additional (albeit small) accuracy mods, and some changes to higher quality materials."
I asked on the other MoM thread and Adam replied but we don't have a comprehensive list of changes yet.

Ok thank you. Wasn’t sure if it was worth cancelling my order (as it hasn’t been dispatched yet) and preorder the Gen 2 or just accept the Gen 1 and put the saved £50 towards a V2 version of Lukes hilt.

Ok thank you. Wasn’t sure if it was worth cancelling my order (as it hasn’t been dispatched yet) and preorder the Gen 2 or just accept the Gen 1 and put the saved £50 towards a V2 version of Lukes hilt.

From Bryan's post in the other MoM thread:

"Yep. The plunge groove Adam mentioned is BARELY discernible at a glance but makes sense of a small mathematic/geometry anomaly that I (in my opinion) Hero makers have struggled to resolve. New reference (I’m afraid I can’t share) highlighted it just enough to make the informed change and cross verify over what we’ve already seen.

Similarly with the pommel it’s a surface anomaly that is visible across references but just needed a very specific angle to make sense of it. It is VERY subtle.

The biggest change that will be noticeable is with the interpretation of the hole in the pommel (we’ve actually leaned into what DaveP discovered there… which does mimic what we believe is going on in the emitter) and the addition of the rough machining marks in between the cube valleys (a distinctive “wart” noticeable mainly by the tri ring)

Overall, the hilt remains exactly the same and will be largely indistinguishable from its predecessor in batches 1-3."

Might be a good time to remind/ mention that we fully intend to do a static Hero perfect for display and are finally ready given….

We now have all the ingredients confirmed to include in the kit to replicate the perfect cave hero which is something I’ve been holding out for.
-Ultra Refined hilt geometry based on latest reference.
-Confirmed donor board replicas for the reveal.
- confirmed electronics assembly in the box
- And now confirmed Luke’s tools for activation.
(Which I’m hoping to dub the Energy Matrix Dampener)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back