IMG_1614.jpg

then same step, pros aid then sprayed on burnt sienna:
IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

still no airbrush,all that with the spray gun shown in the pics
hope you like its my first time :)

man, i really love yellows and oranges on this mask! can't wait to see more.

you guys are funny about the X slits for dreads. just so you know, i cut mine for the dreads. they hold fantastic. and you dont even know they are cut. :)

thank you xdmray, here are some template idid today, i drew on card stock then cut with the xacto blade:

IMG_1619.jpg

i dont know if somebody knows this technic here, what i do is i sand theese pastels and with that dust i thin with alcohol, and spray with the airbrush, but its need to be sealed, and cant be touch without sealing it
IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

or maybe ill try the liquitex

Love the colors you are using, i should've thought about making stencils to add the spots. I don't know why i didnt do it.

man, i really love yellows and oranges on this mask! can't wait to see more.

you guys are funny about the X slits for dreads. just so you know, i cut mine for the dreads. they hold fantastic. and you dont even know they are cut. :)

LOL. it hurts bro, trust me, maybe not to you cause youre the creator, hahaha, ;)

Love the colors you are using, i should've thought about making stencils to add the spots. I don't know why i didnt do it.

some like to use a brush, but i think its more time consuming, with the templates are easier and faster, go on and try again, its never too late

I already sealed the paint, idk how its gonna turn out. And i'm with you, if u was the creator i probably would cut x's as well. It's my first half mask and my baby, i can't hurt it. Lol

wow, bad ass colors can't wait to see itall done!!! (y) (y) i see the weather down there is good , even got some green bananas hanging in the background in one of the pics..... madurandose !! awesome bro....

added the burnt umber today;
IMG_1622.jpg

then i made a mix of 3 colors to get like an orange to match, and sprayed tru the stensil i made:
IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

then i didnt like the yellow ocre alone in the crown edge (leaf)and decide to give it another yellow, lighter yellow just around the edges
IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

then went to add the black spots:
IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

its almost finished, just need to get a little wash on some areas to highlight some details on the crown and ready to seal( when the sealer arrives :( ), didnt use the powder tecnique, just liquitex paints for detail, and apple barrels for the tones

BTW- do i have to coat with pros aid again before sealing the paint?, thanks

i sprayed some more light yellow at the edge of the leaf area, and some fading burnt umber at the begining, now just need s to be sealed, im happy with the outcome, just as i pictured:
IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

its almost finished, just need to get a little wash on some areas to highlight some details on the crown and ready to seal( when the sealer arrives :( ), didnt use the powder tecnique, just liquitex paints for detail, and apple barrels for the tones

BTW- do i have to coat with pros aid again before sealing the paint?, thanks
I was looking at your pictures thinking 'all that needs is a wash'. Then, bam. I read it and you already knew. Great work, keep it up.

With Pros Aide I have just mixed with a little water to thin it for spraying but it may not be necessary. The more water, the duller it is.

If I remember right, MEANGENE83 recommended adding Pros Aide but I haven't done that. You would still have a tacky surface.

You posted while I was typing. That looks awesome. (y)

sealed today, and put the dreads,darkened the rear a little more with acrilic black paint thinned with water, 3 light coats of liquitex gloss medium and varnish, thinned with water and a little 91% isopropyl alcohol, worked great, better than i expected :), went with the long dreads :

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back