Made my Vader a new chestbox...

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi all

I've just finished off a new chestbox for my DV mannequin.

I made this from a piece of wood - I routed the edges, sanded, primed and painted then added resin switches, coinslots and greeblies. The chest rods are machined aluminium secured to the backplate by two bolts. For the silver rocker switches, I used aluminium foil rather than paint.

It's a ROTJ style box, larger than the previous version I made and I hope closer to the screen-used prop:

newvaderbox0021oq.jpg

cestbox0019vx.jpg

mannequin0182mg.jpg

It's not 100% perfect, but it didn't really cost me anything except time (I already had the aluminium bars). :)

The wooden backplate gives it a nice substantial feel and weight. It took a bit of sanding and hi-build priming to get rid of the wood grain though. :p

Regards

Al

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(paulcarson @ May 20 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1247500[/snapback]</div>
It looks really good Al. How did you attach your straps to the box?
[/b]

Paul, for the time being they are secured using 4 screws and washers to the back of the box. This is a temporary fix until I find some accurate d-ring fasteners to use.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back