Made first Costume! Working on a second!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LunaticNic

Sr Member
First I would mold the teeth and mandibles in silicone, cast up a pair and make sure everything sits right in the sculpt. Then make a mold wall with keys along the crown and side of the face (sort of along the line a biomask doesn't cover). Mold the front allow ultracal or resin to cure and then remove the mold wall and mold the back. When casting in latex I'd start painting it with a brush into both shells until it's thick enough to join mold-halves, strap them together and do multiple layers of latex along crease, and then foam it (outside toxic fumes!)while in the mold. Separate the mold and you've theoretically got a mask :D

lazybones88

Cool I have done single mold but never a double mold and I am nervous like there is no tomorrow. I have watched some tutorials on mask making keys etc. but never did because the mask wasn't this big.so uhhhh so we will see

lazybones88

Mold done!!! I had some breaks but fixed them and now casting!!!! I hope all turns out well and I did the back but forgot to take pics. Sorry!!!

20180728_222659.jpg

20180728_231908.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.