Mad Max Road Warrior Interceptor shifter knob, blower switch

Dagobah Don

Sr Member
Does anyone know what type of knob this is, or where to source the blower switch? It looks like an Alfa Romeo knob, there are many colored ones like this on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uro-Splash...ash=item33b12e5112:g:~tEAAOSwXshWtM~y&vxp=mtr

Capture.JPG

Switch is a Cole Hersee 50036BX, just ordered one since this post makes me want a RW shifter setup (thanks :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The knob would be also cool to find, I sense the silver circle on top may have been added.

Likely the silver on top is from a brand logo or shifter pattern.

The Ford had a 1/2 x 20 shift thread ( I think) so my guess is we are looking for something that fit, vs metric.

rpNYay0.jpg

qTwCwF8.jpg

Here is what I came up with yesterday, 3/8 aluminum rod hand bent and polished, and a quick DIY knob I hit with red stain. I need to find a metal disk for the top of it.

Bit more dome on this, red switch comes tommorow:

DIY Wooden knob stained with red wood stain from lowes, 3/8 aluminum 3' rod (was $4) polished from 400 up to 1500 and then hit with mothers aluminum polish. 3D printed parts for the 3/8 rod so it can "shift"

Qn9Iqye.jpg

GpMkKjU.jpg

L6UFCJJ.jpg

6whc2Jt.jpg

Tried to show the range of the shifter...I experimented with having the H pattern for it, but it was too much trouble for a prop like this.

Still would per the OP love to find the film used knob!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back