Mad Max Muzzle - Leather and Steel

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RyanConsell

I just finished my build of my Mad Max muzzle, yesterday, from Fury Road. Thought I'd share the process and results.

I made it out of 1018 steel bar and sheet with some leather for the straps and a bit of soft foam glued on the inside to make it wearable.

The main bits 3/16" bar welded together and then hammered into shape using a coal forge. I was purposely incautious with the forge to add pitting and texture to the steel. I made the jaw, nose bridge, hinges and clasp at the back this way.

1 Welded Jawline.jpg2. Forged jaw and bridge.jpg3 Forging Clasp.jpg

The gardening-fork face cover thing I made from sheet steel. Just cut out and fluted over an stake with a rubber mallet. Not clearly shown here is a wider sheet-steel band over the back of my head.

The straps on the face and around the head I decided to make out of painted leather for comfort.

4. Completed metal bits.jpg5. Finished bloodbag.jpgTransfusion in progress.jpg

7. Finished closeup.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.