Mad Max - Immolation Joe's mask

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jessetattoo

A buddy of mine was talking about doing an Immolation Joe cosplay for our next local "fanexpo" and i had this old biker bug shield mask kickin around i had though about making into his mask anyways so I told him id make him one for his costume.

I just molded bondo right onto the mask after a lil bit of cooking oil so i could pop it off after, added bondo to the top teeth and then use a lil groove cutter to re gouge out the grooves to make the top teeth longer. Drops of white glue in layers for the rivets and bolts.

I used more white glue layers and then some model paints to get a smooth finish on all the "metal" parts, used some scraps that fit and some spare hoses that came with my TIE helmet before i upgraded them, and then a few sets of acyclic paint on the bone parts to give it a dry matt finish compared to the "metal" parts, a bunch of hot glue and expoy later, Im happy with the outcome.

I know many of my props are not 100% cannon but i like useing found parts and scraps to make it close as i can, in the end i just do this for fun.

MMmas2k.jpg WP_20150105_001.jpg WP_20150105_002.jpg WP_20150108_003.jpg WP_20150108_004.jpg WP_20150108_013.jpg WP_20150108_014.jpg WP_20150108_021.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.