Mad Max: Fury Road - Nux Bird Bobblehead

Its a good base for the meantime. I was searching old industrial parts. I have yet to ID it.

Agree. I didn't mean to infer that it was a bad base, and I apologise if that's how I came across. I just get a kick out of the hunt for the minutiae of the piece. Even when it's not me making the prop.

I may draw up and 3D that base if I cannot find one, but would rather find the real deal or something very similar.

Good job PPP. that falling over is a pain I had to make a new wider base to stop mine. DSC00445.JPGDSC00446.JPGDSC00449.JPG With this the problem was solved. All in All your bobble bird looks great. Good luck with Your run there seems to be a lot of interest .

For anyone interested, I started a small-batch order page for the bird-bobble on my Etsy: here. If it does okay there, I'll do an "Interest Run" here and see if I can't drop the price if I get enough people interested.

I believe the fins in the mouth are the arc extinguishers from a circuit breaker. I had a couple of them from a breaker that came out of an IAIS test station. I'm trying to locate them but haven't had luck yet. The lower jaw is obviously most likely a windshield wiper arm. I'm not 100% on the headlight wiper aspect though, because those are usually thicker than that during that era. Should definitely look at pre-1985 australian, british, and german cars for those pieces.

Is that a hand fork!?
DSC06906.JPGI think it's hit the "close enough" point until we locate the base. My base is an old cast iron weight bar collar. My best guesses for the actual base are either: the yoke on an antique floor jack, (think "UP"), or an antique throw-out bearing from a transmission, (more probable). Still searching for a close one of either. Yes, that's a garden fork/rake on the mask. I bought 2 off eBay to try out, and they were closer than I'd hoped.

Nice job interceptor. I took a look at a lot throwout bearings. Also looked in the industrial parts section on ebay. Old hit and miss engines.

I don't want to pour cold water on the theories about the base but have You noticed the base has feet sticking outDSC00445.JPG I put four on mine no-one else seems to have noticed now if its cast iron then they were always there.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back