Mad Max: Fury Road - Model Vehicles

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by JPCOdessa70, Jun 22, 2015.

1. JPCOdessa70

JPCOdessa70 Active Member

Randy13 likes this.
  2. mofo77

mofo77 Well-Known Member

thanx for the link,great models love the scale.
    gotta build some of this stuff:D

3. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Active Member

Great pics, greatest movie probably since the Empire Strikes Back. Already started on a 1:64 scale gigahorse and these pictures will really help!

4. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Seriously, all the model companies missed an opportunity with this film. Those models are amazing. :D

5. JPCOdessa70

JPCOdessa70 Active Member

Yes, seeing those really make me wanna to build them, especially the DOOF WAGON! I was thinking of using an actual speaker and MP3 player hidden inside
    and it would play the Mad max tunes loud...making the hanging guitar guy shake his stuff...:):):)

6. B Wo

B Wo Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great link. Thanks for sharing!

7. Albertese

Albertese Well-Known Member

Yeah, this movie was awesome. I heard good things and expected a lot and was still blown away. And yes, the whole time I was thinking I'd love to have models of some of those rigs.

--Alex

8. dementorRain

dementorRain Member

I'm actually working on a commission for four of the vehic FB_IMG_1467272056675.jpg les at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

FB_IMG_1467272065029.jpg
    Still a work in progress.

9. McGraph

McGraph Active Member

What scale are the models 1/10th?

10. dementorRain

dementorRain Member

Unfortunately, they are not all on the same scale due to budget issues, they are between 1:24-1:32. The war rig and doof wagon are smaller scale than the nux car and spiky car.

11. craig g

craig g Well-Known Member

Great looking builds.
    Must just be me, but I hated the movie. I even watched it a 2nd time just to make sure. And yes I still didn't like it.
    No offence to anyone, just a personal opinion

12. McGraph

McGraph Active Member

The ones made for the movie or the commissions you are making ?.

13. dementorRain

dementorRain Member

Oh, the ones I'm working on. I'd love to know the scale of the ones pictured in the original post... looks to be about the same size as the batmobile rc that they used in the Christian Bale movies.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all good, I liked the movie but thought it was gonna be more... Mad Maxy? Maybe if there is a sequel it'll be more Mad Maxy, lol.

14. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Sr Member

Haven't see the film yet, waiting until it is available on a streaming service.
    I do like the way over the top vehicle designs- not sure if it is ever addressed in movie but how did a bunch of psychotic nut jobs get the ability to do such exotic engineering? A lot of those vehicles would challenge a full custom shop with every resource our modern society would offer. In a post apocalyptic wasteland they would be quite a feat to engineer.

15. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Basically, it's resources. Those said nut jobs are ran by Immortan Joe, who is powerful because he controls the water supply. Between stealing whatever they come across from whomever they come across, it's also safe to say that they never toss anything away. In short, it's a branding thing that they're able to do for Immotan Joe's fleet with whatever they have available.