MACUSA Identification

Pocko

Hi All,

I've just been working up the courage to share a recent project of mine. It's been a while since I last showed something on here, so it's a bit out of habit!

As a big Harry Potter fan, I was naturally excited about Fantastic Beasts. I saw it at release, and my family were good enough to get me some of the books (the Case of Beasts, and the Art of the Film book) for Christmas.

As I have a version of the MoM Identification card, I thought I should make a start on its MACUSA partner.

It's all built from the ground up in Photoshop, using the Case of Beasts ID and photos as my sources.

MACUSA1L.jpg
MACUSA2.jpgMACUSA3.jpg

My version is idealised, as the one in the book had some design quirks that I couldn't bring myself to copy (the pages weren't the same size, the outer borders didn't line up etc). It would have cost me a small fortune to 3D print the metal case used for the MACUSA IDs, so I improvised with a vintage cigarette holder. I had to slightly enlarge the ID to fit, but I think this helps highlight the details!

When I completed the ID, I also created a signed Executive Order, to accompany it, as well as some MACUSA business cards. Spot the gold foiling :)

These are printed on various card stocks, and the hinges for the ID are made with olive washi tape. The fingerprints were done with a Memento ink pad of the approximate colour.

MACUSA3.jpg

MACUSA1L.jpg

MACUSA2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really impressed with your documents. You have done an excellent job on the ID. The other two are a great idea, and amazing looking.

Pocko, one thing I did not mention, is that I liked the different number under your picture. I noticed on another ID other than Tina's, that they kept the same number, I understand why, it is just it didn't look right. I did notice the gold on the Executive Order, which is a nice touch.

Do you have any plans of posting for download the Business card and Executive Order?

Thanks for the lovely comments :)

Yes there were a couple of fonts (including the main header) that were driving me nuts! I had to settle for nearest in the end.

I changed the number under the photo (as well as the one right at the bottom), as I assumed there were unique to the individual, but that's just my take on it!

I hadn't really thought about sharing the other bits, but if there's interest there, I'd be happy to!

Would a PSD be ok, or would a hi-res jpeg do?

I honestly don't think you should share PSD file. The main reason being how many people on here steal files and later sell them as their own work.

Hmm, I didn't think about that LorduDesign.

ffg, I used a vintage cigarette case for the ID holder. They are cheap and readily available. I have my Grandad's old case, and a couple for 40's costuming, but I picked up another (less sentimental) one off eBay for less than £10. They were made right through the 20th century, and the cheap mass-produced ones tend to have a sufficiently art deco flavour (matching the design throughout fbawtft)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back