Macrobinoculars Hero and Stunt build thread.

My Seagull Knob works great. I decided to put a small nylon washer on the inside and lock it down with a washer, nut and some Locktite so it won't come loose. It rotates very nicely.
You can see the ugly crimes on the inside, I could have cut out all the plastic, but I didn't

sLCOoXL.jpg

I positioned all the knobs where I see they are placed in the Sandpeople scene. I really do think they had more than one prop. Looking at high-res photos some images look like the big knob is close to the lens plate like the image with the hat being worn. Unless that’s the stunt Macrobinoculars.
The sandpeople scene has the large Seagull knob what appears to be around 1/4' or so away from the lens plate. I did my best.
pizbfSU.jpg

Last edited:
It's been pointed out to me by Trooper that I needed to add the metal housing to the female connector. I was wondering what was up with the screws; Duh!
It was obvious once Trooper pointed it out to me. My paint on it doesn't look too smooth. I may repaint it, I kind of don't want my Macrobinoculars perfect either, like you pulled them off the self. Lol

Ra0WbUH.jpg

Last edited:
Some poor (or rich?) unfortunate soul is about to pay upwards of $1000 for a Six Sixty.

I weep for us all!

I mean, shish! This is REALLY getting out of hand, and whoever is fighting over it is doing a real disservice to us all. What a total bummer.

Back on topic, your side box is looking great, JediSeth!

What's up with the big Seagull knob? Looks different than what I'm used to. Has new information surfaced?

No doubt, I remember kicking myself for paying $450 for the last camera , case and extra (wrong) lenses I needed for my build. I just wanted to get it done. Now that is a bargain. These prices are horrible for anyone trying to build one. Im wondering what it does for the value of the macros we have. Used to be around $1200 to build a set, probably $1800+ now not including the vtr plug.

Dan I have the bell and Howell washer flipped in the Seagull knob. Maybe it does belong there? I’m unable to see a perfect image. I’ve seen others use it, besides that my image is kind of at a weird angled.
I will say I did pay good money for that Kalimar and I still need another lens. Eeks!

Well I'm all done with my Macrobinocular build minus one lens. I'm considering getting some replica ones from Jerry for the time being but I may just hold out until money and opportunity for another lens lines up.

0MIITTf.jpg

0fV7TWG.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-21_11-34-34.png
    upload_2019-1-21_11-34-34.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 135
Nice job!

So sorry you have to find another lens in the current market! Hopefully things will settle down soon.

What are you talking about Mugatu? Looks the same. I'm pretty sure they painted the knob so it wouldn't reflect in the camera when shooting. I may add that.

WR0iSAB.png

JfoHFB4.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back