Macrobinoculars Hero and Stunt build thread.

I was talking about the door on your Eumig. Apparently the amazing deal I found for my Eumig wasn’t enough of a red flag. I seem to have bought the slightly incorrect Eumig that I was not aware existed. Mine has a “roll-top desk” type of door there instead of the solid one-piece door you (and everyone else) appears to have.

Mine looks like this one:

B3B5FAEF-574E-466D-BD84-1F9218163CD3.jpeg

Wrong Manufacturer plate shape as well.

Here is my completed prop minus painting the lenses. I'm so happy with it!
I'd like to thank Trooper, Nick Cline for one of the Kalimar Six Sixty camera's and all the guys who have shared their knowledge about this prop. I think with the information we have it's as accurate as I could ask for.
xKSdrlB.jpg

Ju8CDAp.jpg

MpWnXza.jpg

qNCK0sd.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! Thinking about painting those lenses makes me cringe. I know it's technically accurate, but I just don't know if I could do it HAHA.

Congrats!

that's why I never did... I also never painted my little kalimantan knob on the wedge either. I like the contrasts and colors too much. Sometimes not having it super screen accurate is ok with me if it's what you like. I never painted over my scope on my EE3 for the same reason.

that's why I never did... I also never painted my little kalimantan knob on the wedge either. I like the contrasts and colors too much. Sometimes not having it super screen accurate is ok with me if it's what you like. I never painted over my scope on my EE3 for the same reason.

Also the resale on the lenses might be better if you didn’t paint them . Which for me will probably be after I’m dead.
Scott after watching your video and also doing some more research I’m convinced the Seagull knob is the silver variant but also painted like the other silver parts on the prop. I’m still digging for the info on that wedge.

What is the brown/black round piece inserted on the top of the Eumig? Does anyone know? I can't figure it out.
Thanks.

Attachments

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 62
Thanks. But the only shiny plate was outside but it's not round. Is there something inside?
Andy, what Eethan is saying is it's this little round disk on the Eumig Servomatic. You take it off spray paint it black and put it back on, you can also flip it over and do the same thing, either side of the disk. In some images this disk has been missing from the prop and you just see a circle with two dots, but it was originally on. Often in Star Wars the props are missing parts when they fall off. Also I have seen Eumig's for sale on Ebay missing the disk already so if yours didn't come with one that could be part of your confusion.

vw0Dd02.jpg

Last edited:
It's been several years since I made the Hero version and now have decided to make a stunt set to add to my collection. I was unable to figure out all the cameras specifically the second lens. Thanks to the help of member Enaswede who helped me with the information on the stunts.
Here is the camera's needed to build this set of macrobinoculars with the Mamyia W8 as the base of the prop.

vgPk8FK.jpg

wBOFSEn.png

Last edited:
I first will start with painting the lenses and making a lens plate out of 1/2" acrylic and drilling and taping screws from the back of the plate just like the prop builders did with the original prop as seen in this photo of the lens that fell off.
xC8BULI.jpg

QGnCxIt.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back