Macrobinoculars Build on a Budget: Display Bases Added

Okay I don't know if people have pics not online or what but there seems to be a lot of info out there but no pics I can find to back it up so I want to ask the experts.

Below is a pic from Jediseth's recent sale of a complete, all real parts Macros.

How have we confirmed the front plate and the wrapped cord because nothing I have seen shows this?

The one pic I have found, that I posted above does not seem to show a plate on front of the female prongs at all??

1654789610112.jpeg

Also I was always told the top buttons on the transition piece were the Kalimar knobs and the Seagulls are on the side with the Seagull dial knob. Now it's being said the side buttons are also Kalimar knobs but I can't find anything to confirm that. Not changing mine regardless. I already spent enough on this.

The only pic I can find that show it looks like the Seagull knobs as I can't see the screw holes that would be on the Kalimar knobs, but it is fuzzy.
1654790024963.jpeg

:mad::mad::(:(:confused::confused::confused::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Some people wrap the prongs in thin copper wire

Yeah but why? There are very few pics of the real Macros and they don't show much.

What are people basing this all on???

As far as I know the real Hero macros have never been found. Really no good pics for details so where is the knowledge coming from?

Usually when someone says it's this or that you can find the pic.

What am I missing!!!!!!!!!!!:sick::eek::oops::cautious::confused::mad::(o_Oo_O

Here is a link to the thread where that part was identified/discussed in detail. It’s a long read but we’ll worth it.

In my personal opinion it was 4 kilmar knobs that were used, the 2 on the side being in pulled up position. Some will hate me for saying this but there is not a huge difference either way.

Here is a link to the thread where that part was identified/discussed in detail. It’s a long read but we’ll worth it.

In my personal opinion it was 4 kilmar knobs that were used, the 2 on the side being in pulled up position. Some will hate me for saying this but there is not a huge difference either way.

I don't hate you for saying it. Well, maybe a little. :p :love: (y) :lol:

Thank you for the pics.

So what about the Kalimar Side knobs?

I am about halfway through the Macros thread, looking at pics only.

I still have not seen anything to show the side knobs are Kalimar and Not Seagull.

Fudge I am so dizzy. I have been going through the 40+ page Macro thread and found Troopers list of models that have the correct, rounded edges female adapter on old monitors and other old crap no human being should want. Then I went blind looking at them all on Ebay.

Found two incorrect square edged ones for about $70 each. Nothing else so far. Need water, rest, .....

I can see it now. The narrow trench between the base of the knob and the top.

Oh well. Still not changing.

I am finding other things wrong on many macros. Kind of getting annoying.

Holy crap I have learned more in the last few hours about vintage monitors, foot pedals, and all kinds of other electronic crap.

So tired.

Taking a break.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back