Mack's Factory Proton Pack Build!

Well I'm back from WonderCon! With my convention schedule free the next few months I can finally dedicate some time to the Mack pack and some other projects I've neglected the past 2 months!

In the meantime, here's some pictures of my GB uniform I trooped around in at WonderCon!
PXL_20220401_203844108.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220401_222158639.PORTRAIT.jpg

I was lucky to score two vintage Clippard R-701's on eBay last week for the price of one modern valve! Since I'm planning on doing the Spengler configuration for this pack, I grabbed two, one for the pack and one for the wand.

PXL_20220418_060624796.MP.jpg
PXL_20220421_141625171.MP.jpg

You may also notice there's a bumper now! The bumper is the second official Mack's factory part I've picked up, and soon to follow, the shock mount (bellows).

Slowly making progress!

I have most of the major parts printed and attached to the pack! the Ion arm took a few re designs in order to get the holes to line up but for the most part every major part has been printed. I'm still having trouble trying to get the printed N filters to fit correctly, I've printed at least 4 so far with no luck.

I ended up cutting a temporary motherboard out of some MDF I had, none of my local waterjet/laser cutting shops gave me reasonable quotes for cutting the motherboard ($500 dollars seems a bit steep...) so this will do for now until Mack's Factory drops the official ones. I have some 1/4" angled aluminum on the way so I should be able to get this thing mounted to the motherboard and then onto an Alice frame pretty soon!

The more temporary parts I print and attach to the pack the more it makes me excited to replace them with the official parts whenever they are released!

PXL_20220502_064428657.MP.jpg

PXL_20230113_032742977.MP.jpg

ALUMINUM!

It's been a while, so I think it's time for an update!

I know I had originally planned on 3D printing all the parts to go on the pack and replace them with the official Mack's aluminum parts as they came out, but I got a promotion at work! That in turn has allowed me to set a little more money aside for this pack so I bit the bullet and picked up a full aluminum kit from the talented Heavy Props! With no word on when we will start seeing more aluminum parts from Macks Factory I thought "why not?"

I am so stoked, and I cannot wait to start mounting these onto the shell, the end goal for this pack is a clean idealized 84 Spengler pack as if it just came fresh off Egon's workbench.

Last night I started attaching the aluminum parts to the shell! The pre drilled holes on the shell are a bit too small, so I had to drill them out to accept the screws that came with the aluminum parts. There's also a few spots I need to drill new holes to accept parts like the ion arm and the HGA.
PXL_20230119_142151254.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
PXL_20230415_191459179.MP~2.jpg

WE GOT ONE!! A motherboard that is... I got some new parts on the pack today, an idealized booster frame, the bellow for the bumper but most importantly an aluminum motherboard, so now I can mount this thing to an ALICE frame finally which, speaking of ALICE frames, I scored an authentic vintage LC-1 Alice pack back in December at a local antique mall that'll go great with this idealized 84 Spengler build!
PXL_20221225_163954724.MP.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1657612
ALUMINUM!

It's been a while, so I think it's time for an update!

I know I had originally planned on 3D printing all the parts to go on the pack and replace them with the official Mack's aluminum parts as they came out, but I got a promotion at work! That in turn has allowed me to set a little more money aside for this pack so I bit the bullet and picked up a full aluminum kit from the talented Heavy Props! With no word on when we will start seeing more aluminum parts from Macks Factory I thought "why not?"

I am so stoked, and I cannot wait to start mounting these onto the shell, the end goal for this pack is a clean idealized 84 Spengler pack as if it just came fresh off Egon's workbench.
I’ve got Heavy Props metal parts and aluminum thrower on my pack. Love them. Great choice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back