Mack's Factory Proton Pack Build!

Ned Figglehorn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So back in March of 2021 I acquired a Mack's Factory idealized proton pack shell and since then I've been eagerly awaiting the release of the other idealized parts so I can get this thing finally strapped to my back! Unfortunately the wait has been agonizing as the only idealized parts released since then have been the booster frame and bumper, and I'm champing at the bits to get this thing assembled, so I've decided that in the meantime I'll 3D print the parts that are missing as a place holder until more parts are released and I will just switch them out accordingly as they come in.

My plan is to modify the beautiful Quentin Machiels v3 proton pack files to fit the Mack's shell, all parts will be printed in PETG and fastened to the pack in a way so that they can be easily removed once the new official parts become available. Things like the Legris elbows and the various brass fittings on the pack will be real and not printed, so I'll probably end up picking those up from GBfans. I'm pretty excited to tackle this project and I can't wait to share more progress here once things start to ramp up!

PXL_20210323_234057103.MP.jpg

Mack's Factory pieces for the Proton pack look awesome but they doesn't seem to produce anymore !!! I have ordered some small pieces to upgrade my Hasbro Neutrona Wand but as of now, no news from Mack's Factory......I'm afraid I will have to make a Paypal claim soon :-(

God I love the way Mack's have their stuff presented like auto parts, with the *genuine parts* branding and labels. If it weren't so pricey, I'd have it displayed as delivered on the wall of a workshop, like an exploded view

Mack's Factory pieces for the Proton pack look awesome but they doesn't seem to produce anymore !!! I have ordered some small pieces to upgrade my Hasbro Neutrona Wand but as of now, no news from Mack's Factory......I'm afraid I will have to make a Paypal claim soon :-(
Aaron Mack himself has posted updates over on the Macks Factory and Mack's Factory Proton Pack Builders pages on Facebook. They've had some factory issues that have caused some delays.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw they had production problems with molds for the pack but what about the other pieces ? Especially the machined pieces ? They are not available either currently.......
I would be very interested to invest in their pieces, they look awesome...

Very nice, looking forward for updates on your project! On my own proton pack, the shell is still made from foam and stuff, with wooden motherboard on an Alice frame. I did made some models for it, so: Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects
What about the weight factor, how heavy is the shell?
I don't have an exact number on the weight of the shell but if I were to guess, I'd say its about a pound and a half? Maybe lighter? The shell is decently thick laid fiberglass but it's definitely one of the lighter shells I've owned.

I don't have an exact number on the weight of the shell but if I were to guess, I'd say its about a pound and a half? Maybe lighter? The shell is decently thick laid fiberglass but it's definitely one of the lighter shells I've owned.
Much lighter then GBfans? Or Vinny’s?

I've never held or heard of Vinny's :lol: but I'd say ever so slightly lighter than GBfans. Wish I still had my past shells on hand so I could compare.
Vinny made shells I think until.. 2011.. mine was one of his last. He also use to make them for GBfans around that time

Vinny’s shell was modified biggie shells from back in the day

I thought Hotshot said he makes the resin parts for them, so maybe he has parts info for you?

OK I've got a shipping notice from Mack's so it seems my machined pieces are coming to me.......So I hope with the help of Rhett they will be able to upgrade their capabilities to make some good molds for fiberglas shells and other pieces :)

It really was an impressive day, and I'm happy to report MANY things are in motion so
we can ALL (myself included) get the best damn packs ever made assembled and on our backs. Stay patient, keep saving those pennie's!

Is hotshot Vinny or bishop?
neither. Vinny N. and (Sean) Bishop are my friends, both are LONG time GB builders, Sean being one of the original guys. Sean never sold any of his shells as far as I know, he never did a run to sell, he may have traded, or someone pulled a shell at his house and then sold it/traded it. Over the years he's had several molds, I have at least 2 shells from different molds of his. Vince used to sell, but I don't think he does any more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back